chapter 15: hanging out with my lady

The warmth of Lady's embrace enveloped me as I lazily opened my eyes, greeted by the comforting sight of her hugging me tightly. With a cute yawn, I nuzzled against her, feeling the lingering drowsiness that clung to my waking moments.

Me:I feel too lazy

I mumbled, my voice laced with a hint of sleepiness.

Me: I  don't want to get up.

Lady chuckled softly, her arms still wrapped securely around me.

Lady:I know the feeling, Kai. Mornings can be tough, especially when you're comfortable and cozy.

A small pout formed on my face.

Me:But I have school

I  whined, a touch of reluctance coloring my words.

Lady hugged me tighter, as if trying to shield me from the impending responsibilities of the day.

Lady:School can wait a little longer. We all need our moments of lazy mornings.

I sighed contentedly, succumbing to the allure of staying in the warmth of Lady's embrace.

Me:But I really don't want to get up

I confessed, my voice a mixture of genuine desire for a few more moments of rest and the acknowledgment that duty awaited.

Lady stroked my hair affectionately.

Lady:Sometimes, a bit of extra rest can make the day better. Let's indulge in a few more moments of comfort before facing the world.

The ringing of my phone disrupted the peaceful morning haze, and I groggily reached for it, squinting at the bright screen. The caller ID revealed hikari's name, prompting a mix of curiosity and apprehension. With a sleepy voice, I answered, "Hello?"

Hikari:Hey, Kai! Good morning!

Her cheerful tone greeted me from the other end.

I let out a halfhearted "Morning" as I tried to shake off the remnants of sleep. Hikari, seemingly oblivious to my sluggish state, continued,

Hikari:I just wanted to check in before we head to school. Excited for today?

The question hung in the air, and I hesitated for a moment before sighing.

Me:Honestly, no. I don't want to go to school. I'm too lazy.

There was a pause on the line, followed by hikari's laughter.

Hikari:come on, Kai, we all feel lazy sometimes. But school is important, you know?

I let out a dramatic groan.

Me:I know, I know. But can't we just skip today and do something fun instead?

Hikari chuckled.

Hikari:As tempting as that sounds, responsibilities are calling. Besides, what about our plans for after school? You don't want to miss that, right?

A genuine smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I envisioned the post-school plans.

Me:Yeah, you're right. Okay, fine. I'll drag myself out of bed and face the day.

Hikari That's the spirit!

Hikari enthusiasm was contagious.

Hikari:I'll see you at school, Kai. Don't forget, we've got some exciting things to look forward to after classes!

As I hung up, the reluctance to leave the comfort of my bed lingered, but hikari's optimism had injected a bit of motivation.

But laziness beats motivation