Part 14

Kendall went with Mizuki to a formal party since she was permitted to go. She was sitting at a table trying some sparkling cider. "Not bad."

"You're..?"

"Oh, Araki! Hi!"

"Hello, what are you doing here?"

"I came here with Mizuki, but he's guarding a congressman. What about you?"

"I'm being an escort for my superior."

"That's cool."

His phone began to ring. "Excuse me..." He pulled out his phone and walked away.

"Araki Hajime... College student and congressman Tadano's private secretary. He's also a high school classmate of Mizuki's."

She looked around her, and finally spotted the person talking. He was a big guy so she had to look up. "Hey there! You must be the famous Kendall Ferreira I've been hearing about! Fancy meeting you here!"

"How do you know me?"

"I heard about you from the bodyguards, and I also heard that you're Mizuki's girlfriend, am I right?"

"That's right."

"Oh! I haven't introduced myself yet! I'm Mito."

"It's nice to meet you."

"I was Mizuki's mentor when he was starting out. Did you hear anything from Mizuki? I'm also guarding congressman Yokoi."

"I'm so sorry..."

"Apparently the existence of the two of us is stifling to him. He doesn't want us on our left or right. Mizuki is doing his best on his own today. I think they're in the bathroom at the moment."

"I see...I heard he has it rough."

"Well... The congressman has some questionable habits."

"He treats bodyguards like crap or so I've heard."

"That's true, but Mizuki is trying to stay patient. Oh! Excuse me." He placed his hand on his headset.

She saw his face that was serious that turned into shocked. "What?! Understood. Don't go there."

"Is everything alright?"

"...Sorry. I'll have to take my leave now." He scurried away with worry written all over his face.

'It's something bad I know it...'

The door slammed open. "Congressman Yokoi is dead!"

'Whoop there it is.'

***

A couple hours later, people were allowed to leave after getting investigated. People were talking among themselves asking if the congressman was dead or not. Her phone began to ring. "Hello?"

"Are you still at the party hall?" Subaru asked.

"Yeah, and it looks like we can finally leave."

"Stay there. I'm going to get you right away."

"I drove myself here so what about my car?"

"You can just follow me. Also, things have gotten a little messy. It involves you too."

"Alright. See you later."

She was waiting for Subaru to get there. "Kendall."

"Hey Subaru."

"Get in your car and follow right behind me. We're going to the Prime Minister's residence. Do you have Bluetooth in your car?"

"Yeah."