Part 18

After a week of finally clearing Mizuki's name and the arrest of Tadano, she was in the SP room with the bodyguards. "I can't believe his last words were insults. Then he got killed in a fit of rage." Sora said. "Tadano really didn't seem like that kind of person..." Kaiji said. "I guess he had it in him somewhere. Most murders are the result of impulse and the heat of the moment. You can say that it was long overdue." Subaru said.

"Even if Tadano killed him out of impulse, he was doing some plotting after the murder like having his secretary lie in his testimony and had fake witnesses impulse Mizuki and then having those men to kill Mizuki."

"He can't just blame it on impulse with all of that..."

Mizuki walked into the room. "Hello everyone."

"Mizuki!"

"Kendall, I came to pick you up."

"What for? You guys going on a date~?" Sora asked.

"We promised each other that we would."

"Will your questioning at headquarters be going on for much longer?" Subaru asked.

"It'll probably be over by tomorrow morning."

"Thank god!" Kendall said.

"Then you should be able to come back here the day after tomorrow." Kaiji said.

"Yeah!"

"That mission was very dangerous... Pretending to be shot and luring those killers. I thought for sure something bad was going to happen."

"That's because of Criminal Affairs. They're always recklessly doing what they want. It's no wonder you were in so much danger." Subaru said.

"...Yeah."

"Don't be so down, Mizuki! Chief wasn't so down about it!"

"True..."

Kenta came into the room. "Great work everyone! Kaiji, I'm ready to go!"

"Going to the dojo again?"

"Yes! Oh! Hi Kendall! And Mizuki too!"

"Hey Kenta."

"Thank you. You saved us."

"N-No it's..."

"Keep that up and you might be able to join our ranks soon."

"R-Really?!"

"Boss even said that he should write you a recommendation letter."

"So 'Bodyguard Kenta' will be born soon?"

"Me? A bodyguard? Really?!"

"We're getting way ahead of yourselves. Anyways, let's head to the dojo."

"Yes!"

"Shall we get going too then?"

"Heck yeah!"

They were walking down the hall and soon after he got a text. "It's from Araki and he wants to meet up."

"Alright, I'll drive you there."

"Thank you!"

"Are you nervous?"

"A little, but I'm fine because I got you."

"Aw~ So... Where are we meeting him?"

"It's the café that's next to the movie theaters we go to often."

"Gotcha~"

They arrived at the café and saw Araki at a table. "Hey."

"Hey..."