|13| Arrival of Skullgreymon

The kids and digimon were once again traveling. Now walking across the server desert. Tai and agumon leading the charge.

Mimi: "how much farther do we have to walk?"

Renamon: "until we get out of reach from Etemon"

Mimi: "does such a place exist?!"

Matt: "I hope so. We have nowhere to run if Etemon attacked us now"

Everyone wasn't the best emotionally. Not a single person had a smile. Sora seemed to be the only one to note this. As she was in the back of the group, carrying y/n on her back, who was asleep. Renamon right behind her, and impmon and biyomon on either side of her.

Renamon: "Sora. Are you certain you don't want me to carry him?"

Sora: "it's fine renamon. Besides, if anything attacks us, you have to be able to hold them off"

Renamon only stared at Sora. Before nodding.

Renamon: "very well..."

Tai then turned around, seeing everyone's almost depressed expressions.

Tai: "what's up with you guys? Get a hold of yourselves! We have a crest with us now!"

Matt: "true, but can they really digivolve with just the crest?"

Tai: "sure. Right agumon?"

Agumon looked up at him nervously.

Tai: "be more assertive, man! You're the only one right now who's able to digivolve to the next level! You've got to stand upright for all of us in the battlefield!"

Agumon once again looks in nervousness. More than before. As tentomon floats by.

Tentomon: we're counting on you"

Tai: "by the way... How do we move on to the next digivolution?"

Izzy: "well, from what we already know of the digivolution process, they'll need a large amount of energy to digivolve. In other words, they weren't able to digivolve when hungry. It also happens when their partners are in danger"

Renamon: "couldn't have said it better myself"

Tai: "I see.. but about that energy thing.. to digivolve to a higher level, I guess you'll need more energy than ever, right?"

Renamon: "it only makes sense. The larger the power up, the more energy needed to use it"

Sora: "did you just use the word "power up"?"

Renamon: "...y/n has been rubbing off on me"

Sora smiled.

But tai's way of getting this energy wasn't... The best.

Agumon: "I can't eat anymore!"

Tai: "when I say est, you eat!"

The group had stopped at a point to eat. Tai stuffing agumons mouth with more food. The other sitting nearby. Y/n was also away, and eating, as everyone else watches the unfortunate show.

Tai: "no complaining!"

Agumon: "but-"

Tai: "listen! Everyone gave you their share of food because they're looking forward to your digivolution! Right guys?"

Matt: "yeah..."

Mimi: "gave it to him? More like he took it from us"

Gabumon: "but we can't digivolve to a higher level..."

Sora: "I'm just glad y/n gets to eat. He kinda needs it. But still, this is ridiculous"

Renamon: "and disgusting to look at.."