|14| Crest of Sincerity

The kids were once again walking through the hot desert. Y/n in renamon's arms as usual. But unlike usual, impmon was behind them all, out of reach. A few of the kids were still scared of what he did, and he didn't get close to scare them more.

Matt: "This desert is so hot, even a lizard would need sun screen!"

Biyomon: "Sora, can you carry me?"

Sora: "Not even!"

Tentomon: "A crew cut would look nice on you, and it's cooler!"

Izzy: "Ugh.."

Gabumon: "Do I look fat?"

Matt: "No, you look hot. Especially with a fur coat. That thing really needs a zipper"

Gabumon: "Or maybe just removable shirt sleeves"

Gomamon: "We haven't rested Our feet!"

Joe: "There's no place to sit, except on a cactus!"

Tokomon: "Great view up here!"

TK: "Next time, I ride"

Y/n: "renamon.. are you ok?"

Renamon: "I'm fine partner... It's just one of those times I wish I had a smaller coat..."

Y/n: "I have a coat. On you, it'd be small!"

Renamon chuckled.

Renamon: "that's not what I meant partner"

Tai: "You look terrible, Koromon! If only I hadn't acted like such a bonehead, you never would have digivolved!"

Mimi: "Don't be too hard on yourself, although come to think of it, you really have made a super-icky mess of things!"

Tai: "Thanks, Mimi..."

Mimi: "Oh, don't mention it, Tai. I'm glad to help with a little pep talk now and then!"

Tai: "mhm..."

And so, they kept their pace. But Mimi and palmon stop for a breather, them surprising being the first ones to tire out.

Mimi: "I haven't sweated this much since cheerleader tryouts!"

Tai: "Koromon doesn't look so good.. I'm worried!"

Palmon: "You know, what we need right now is a whole bunch of shade! A big umbrella or a really big tree! Or maybe I could grow into a giant cactus and smile down on all of you as I provide cool, refreshing comfort!"

Matt: "It's official. The sun has just turned Palmon's brain into a french fry! Earth to Palmon, come in!"

Renamon: "you'd think she'd be the one enjoying the sunlight. But then again, not all plant digimon enjoy constant exposure to the sun..."

Mimi: "Palmon, look!"

Palmon breaks out of her daydream, and looks to Mimi, who was pointing to a giant cactus. Everyone looked in awe at the size of it. Renamon however, looked at it with suspicion.

Palmon: "Wowie, I did that? I'm pretty amazing!"

Tai: "Yeah, you better believe it, Palmon! Come on everybody, let's head for some shade!"

The group all rush towards the cactus. Except renamon, and by extension, y/n and impmon. They walked behind the cactus, and saw all the others there looking saddened, as there was no shade behind it.

Tai: "Aw! What happened to the shade?"

Then, suddenly, the cactus disappeared.

Renamon: "I knew it. Something was off about it"