Camp

Nico's POV
...

Percy's POV
"Annabeth." I say shockingly. We stand in silence for what seems like forever. "Are you alright? How are you feeling? How did you~" I was cut off. She walked up to me and gave me a hug. She buried her face into my chest, I was hoping she didn't hear how fast my heart was beating. But then she pulled away. Her head turned toward the boy lying on the ground, he didn't look any less pale but you could tell he was very much unresponsive. "Right!" I say as I remember what I have to do. "I got to go." I could see her opening her mouth to say something but I had already run off in the direction of camp. It doesn't take me long to get there, when I do, everyone is out on the lake practicing boat strategy. I would have aced that training but I remain focused on finding Chiron. I spot him over near the bank talking with Chris, I walk up to them feeling rude for intruding their conversation.

"Percy! Where have you been?" Chiron says.

"Hey Chiron, long story." I reply. "Sorry to invade in your conversation but there is a serious matter." Both Chiron and Chris seem intrigued.

"What is it?" Chiron asked, searching my face for answers.

"Uhh," I take a moment to think about what I should say next. "Someone was injured, in the forest!" I say, not telling them it was me who injured them. "I was walking along the river and I saw someone lying on the ground." I blurt out quickly trying to suck more air into my lungs. "There was blood everywhere and~" I stop looking down at my clothes that had blood splattered everywhere. "I tried to help." I look up to face Chiron and Chris. I don't know why Chris was still there, he was probably interested.

"Whereabouts?" Chiron said panicked.

"The woods, near the river." I say as my head spins. Annabeth. Is she still there? Chiron might think she was the one to do it. But she had no reason. I hope she isn't still there. "I can take you there." I ask walking off, hoping they'd follow. And they did, both chiron and, Chris? It doesn't take us long to get back to the the tree, the journey filled with questions. Each answer was a lie, and no one knew the truth. Except me, and Annabeth. I turn to them, expecting them to be shocked but their faces look confused.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Chiron asks.

"There's no one here." Chris speaks up. Confusion also struck my face as I look at the place where my friend was lying, nothing. there was a blood pool but no body. Had Annabeth done something? Was Nico alive? Chiron looked at me concerned.

"You should go to the infirmary, your head is probably still shaken up from your trip to Tartarus." Chiron suggests. Tartarus?

"How did you~" I was cut off.

"Annabeth told us when she awoke from the infirmary. Are you sure that blood isn't yours?" Chiron asks me.

"No, I swear someone was here." I protest, Chris comes up to me and gives me a pat on the back, I flinch as his hand meets my aching back. He wraps his hand around my shoulders.

"Off to the infirmary we go!" Chris says as he pushes me to walk with him, giving a wink to Chiron as we left.