Maybe one day I could learn to love you~

Nico's POV
Watching Will walk back to the infirmary felt strange. His movements when he walked had changed, his posture was dense and he didn't stride with confidence. I was soon extracted from those thoughts when Simon walked up next to me.

"Hey." He said, I nod my head in response. A trickling sensation ran down my cheek, my fingers investigated and came back bloody. I fiddled with the blood on my fingers as Simon spoke up. "You're gonna need a couple stitches." Nothing I haven't heard before. I shrugged it off. "Not much of a talker?" He joked.

"Guess not." I replied, my fingers had stopped rubbing the blood against each other. The rest of the walk back was kind of awkward after that, I wanted to catch up to Will but he was too far ahead. We get to the infirmary and I see Will working on another patient. I walk to the back and find a couch to sit on, I underestimated how tired I was because as soon as I hit the cushions I was fast asleep.

I was laying in a bed, one that looked a little recognisable but I couldn't put my finger on it. I tried moving but my limbs were stuck in place, the only thing I could move was my head. Looking around, it all started to click, like gears moving in my brain. I was back in the Lotus Hotel. Before I could process what was happening I hear a noise next to me. The door handle twisted left, opening the door. Mumma. She walked through the door, hair scruffy and wearing the same black dress I remember. Half her face was burned, skin pulling around the wound. I turn my head the other way. Stop, I try to say but nothing comes out. This isn't real, it can't be. Maria's dead. She flows over in my view and cups my face with one of her hands. I open my eyes and see her eyes looking into my soul, leaving me defenceless. I could feel the tears swelling up in my eyes but I push them back. This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. I keep reminding myself before I give in. "Honey." She says, as I feel the first tear fall. She flashes me a warm smile she always used to, quickly giving me comfort. "Stop!" I finally manage to say. Her smile weakens, along with my stubbornness. "You're not real." Her smile disappears, tears swelling in her eyes now. "Baby, don't say things like that." She says while sitting on the bed. "I'll always be alive in you." Her arm reaching to wipe away a tear that fell down her cheek. I bite my lip, seeping into her words. "Mumma?" I croak out and she flashes me that same smile. I struggle to hold back the tears swelling in my eyes, making my vision blurry. I blink so I could see her again but someone else was in her place. Bianca. What is this? Some kind of trick? This isn't funny. "Hey bud." She says. My expression stiffens as I confront her. "You're not real." Her eyes looking down. "I'm sorry." Her fingers fiddling in her lap. "I never meant for any of it to happen." Her eyes meeting mine again. "I never meant to leave you alone." Those last words reopening a gaping hole inside me. She doesn't say anything after that. I stare up at the ceiling, this isn't real. But it was starting to feel real. Like they were really there. I look back, expecting to lock eyes with Bianca but i'm greeted with someone else again. My stomach drops, I try to move but am reminded of the force that is pinning me down. Sitting on the edge of my bed was Percy Jackson. His eyebrows were scrunched together in a fit of rage as he lifted something into the air. Before I could react to what it was, he stabbed a dagger right through my chest.

I jolted awake, disturbing the over comfortable posture I had lying down on the couch. My chest heaved up and down as my hands clung to my chest. A couple eyes were looking in my direction, one of them being Will's.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks as he walk over, almost colliding with a metal tray.