10//Hopefully this will be short

It surely was strange returning back to HQ after the day. The sun had finally dipped, and a pale moon would shine above the green grass. However, most of the stars were just obscured by the huge portal that pulsed right above head. Beep-0 noticed with uttermost shock, fear even, that it had grown, and was now turning into a golden orange. Surely that didn't mean anything bad, right?

   Entering the HQ, the heroes were met with a array of chaos. Faces familiar and new were all around inside, sheltering for the night. Here, they also remet with Stopper and Stew, whose identities were back to normal now as Charlie and Henry. Henry is a well known police officer back home, just on Luke's block as a fact. Of course Luke had to say hello.

   "Mr. Henry!" He would run over to him with a smile. "How are you? Are you alright?"

   To Cassie's knowledge, Henry must have took up a fatherly role to Luke after his father vanished at some point. She didn't know much of the event.

   "Luke!" Henry would hug Luke like a father would. "I'm glad you're safe. Did the ape give you a problem?"

   "We're a little beat up for sure, but we're okay." Luke replied. "Charlie! You should have seen us!"

   Charlie would sigh. They sat on the ground against a wall nearby, listening in.

   "Of course I did." Their voice was distant, lost even.

   Cassie would role her eyes, and stomp over to the former Hopper. "Dude, you should be glad that we didn't let you just fall off the building!" 

   Charlie spoke up. "Didn't you push Mr. Jackson off the building? Huh?"

   She did not reply, and would turn around to pull out her phone. 

   Beep-0 was quick to find his way to Mr. Moran. Frederick was by his monitors, typing down a bunch of stuff that a basic human wouldn't get. He looked very tired, working tirelessly to try to connect back to the world he was from.

   "Greetings Frederick!" Beep-0 greeted. "I'm guessing Rex didn't give you too much trouble?"

   Frederick hesitated to respond. "Uh- well..."

   The two would turn their heads to the captive within a clear cage. Rex still looked furious, banging away at the walls with his fists blindly. Michael just sat there, ignoring him and playing games on his phone. It was most interesting to Beep-0 that Rex, Firetrap Rex for that matter, still wasn't free from all the strange merging magic! So, he asked.

   "Why isn't Rex back to normal?" He'd ask.

   "That is a good question." Frederick replied. "I've run a few body scans, and it's come out as normal besides firebreath and venomous teeth! I think that kid who zapped him messed with his brain a bit. I plan to keep him here so I can study how the hypnosis of the whatsit-SupaMerge works."

   The AI would just nod. He was as clueless as the doctor when it came to the bug in the programming. Yet he had a good lead with that rabbit. That must be why everything connected with the SupaMerge had rabbit-like characteristics. Wait - wasn't that the same with him?

   Frederick interrupted his thoughts when he called over Luke and Cassie.

   "Hey dad." Cassie mumbled.

   "Nice to see you sweetie. Now we have important matters to discuss..."

   Cassie would tense up. Oh dear, was he gonna lecture her about pushing terrible math teachers off buildings?

   "...about the climate of where Spawny is heading!" Frederick finished, pulling something out of the bag. "I've made a bit of a label for the next area, and also put down a spawn point for Beep-0 when I went there myself. The Sherbert Desert! Hot n' Cold all the time!"

   What he pulled out of the bag looked like a thin vest thing with a small button on the side. He shoved one of them onto Luke. 

   "Since the climate is so interchangeable, I built vests that turn into jackets!" Frederick sounded so excited to talk about his creation. "Luke, might you press the button for me?"

   Luke did just that, and the vest inflated into a heavy jacket for cold winters.

   "What a use!" Beep-0 clapped. "I believed you sampled my technology for that?"

   Frederick nodded, and bowed before handing one to Cassie. Right after however, Beep-0 buzzed.

   "Why, another email!"

   "Dearest Beep-0, I congratulate you in your defeat of the Kongo king! I do assure that he is safe, and shall return to normal soon. However, that is not the finale to your fights. They will just grow harder with the rising power of the SupaMerge bug. But fret not! Foreseeing, a strong new team mate will come along well. Bring some extra weapons and shields for him, as his entrance will be a blast. I also bring more gifts for the heroes! Check attachments. Signed, your biggest fan."

   From these attachments, Beep-0 found himself to now hold small key-chain like items in the shape of weapons. Right away, Cassie was to grab a small car like one, tossing it to the ground for it to pop up into a car like bomb, painted gold and pink. A sentry! Luke looked so excited that he would also grab one, which would transform into a large green bazooka that he held over his shoulder.

   "Our secret admirer seems to have come to the rescue again with stellar machinery!" Beep-0 complidented. "Perfect for defending ourselves for what evil we are to face!" 

   Cassie really wanted to use her new weapon right now, but she was inside with allies. Not a good idea.

   "So, who's the new guy?" She would ask.

   "I don't know!" Beep-0 replied as he picked up a weapon ring, shield bracelet, and the hammer weapon. "But our emailer sounds excited for him."

   After the heroes set up, it was just up for a few moments of relaxation before they were on their way.

   "Good luck!" Frederick called as the heroes set off into the night to catch a headstart on Spawny. 

   "Their gonna need it." A growl would say from behind the doctor, that being Rex. "I got friends in the lows of the desert, and the highs of the peaks. Luck is all they can get."

   Michael bangs against the outside walls of his enclosure to get him to shut up.