Part 5

The scene transitions with a comb wipe and another glissando. At the base of the stairs in the sitting room, Toko and Nika stand on a cushion. They're wearing chef's toque. Toko is stirring the "contents" of a wide china vase with a wooden spoon while Nika read the recipe book. The china vase wobbles as Toko stirs. They are also wearing maroon sash's.

Valt: [voiceover] "Finally, he asked the baker's."

Cut back to the hospital. The nurse is gone.

Kana: "Oh, no. That's my good vase."

Cut back to Toko & Nika. Aiger enters carrying Tiesha, who is still swaddled. Toko and Nika wave.

Toko: "Hi, Achilles. Do you want pancakes?"

Cut back to the hospital. Naru giggles.

Naru: "I'm starting to love this story!"

Cut back to the video.

Nika: "Why doon't... um..."

The camera beeps, and Laban appears behind Nika. Aiger looks bored, and Tiesha is asleep.

Laban: (whispering) "Why don't you try the Wise Follower, Achilles?"

The camera beeps again, and Laban is gone. Aiger and Tiesha are alert again. Nika looks offscreen at Laban as she delivers her lines.

Nika: "Why don't you try the Wise Follower, Achilles?"

Toko: "He...."

Laban: (whispering, off screen) "He might be able to help!"

Toko: (hesitantly) "He might be able to help....?"

Aiger: "Oh, yes, of course! Thanks, bakers!"

Aiger runs off with Tiesha. Toko puts down the spoon and Nika approaches the camera.

Nika: "Was that all right, Laban?"

The camera beeps, and Toko and Nika are back on the cushion. Toko waves with the wooden spoon, causing the vase to teeter on the edge of the stool.

Toko: "Good luck, Aiger!"

The vase falls, shattering.

Cut to the hospital.

Naru giggles. Kana puts her head in her hands.

Kana: "Oh, no!"

Cut back to Toko and Nika, staring at the remains of the vase. After a moment, Harumi leans into the frame.

Harumi: "We can edit that bit out, right?"