18- matrix of your mind

Lightbulb's P.O.V:

As me and Paintbrush are sleeping and relaxing together, I feel them slowly leave, trying not to wake me up. I don't want to let them know I'm awake. Otherwise, it may be a teensy bit awkward to explain myself. I'll just let them be. Probably going for a drink of water or something.

My body is aching. Specifically my neck. I slept in a bed position again. Oww...I hate when that happens...

~like 30 minutes later~

That's it. Paintbrush is taking way too long just to drink some water. Kinda suspicious...hmm...I'm coming in.

I walk across the cold, long hallway. The floors are made entirely of wooden floorboards. There's no carpet or anything, so I have to deal with the coldness of the floor.

Whyy....?

Now, should I take the stairs or the escalator?

Stairs.

I dash down the stairs, worried about Paintbrush. Hopefully nothing bad happened to them.

Wait, no!

Shit!

SMASH

Ow...

My vision is blurry and I look towards the ground. The stairs visible above my suffering figure. Eyes are shaking and my head is pounding violently inside my head, desperately trying to break through my skull. Hand moving towards my head, getting cut as it slides along the sharp edge of my glass head, red staining my hand.

Wide eyes, they shake as I stumble, trying not to lose consciousness.

"Oh look...a blood puddle...peculiar, ain't it, Lightbulb!"

Lightbulb. Stop talking to yourself. You are not Fan, and-

Oh shit what happened to them?!

I run as fast as my legs can take me and sprint to the scene which lay in front of me. Heavily breathing, trying to catch a breather, I kneel down at the hurt object, lying on the couch.

I don't even have time to take a look or have a thought at the kissing couple next to me. I just saw them in the corner of my eye for a split second. They would be cute together tho- A/N: lightbulb that's what i was thinking-

"Paintbrush...are you ok...? Please answer...I don't want to lose you, too."

I gently shake the art utensil, trying to wake them. Come on, Painty. Come on.

I'll just leave them here. I don't know if they're actually unconscious or just sleeping. In the morning I'll go back down here to check up on them. They better be willing to explain all this by then. They had me scared.

Assuming they're just sleeping, that is. I hope so, at least.

Microphone's P.O.V:

Okay, so assuming if I want somewhat into the forest and into...that place....I would then arrive at the Purgatory Mansion. All my questions would be answered. Now for the big question: Should I bring Taco along with me? She would be of great assistance in helping explain shit to me.

I take a dose of melatonin. The bottle closes with an abnormally loud click.

Taking a nap would be a good option for me right now. I only want to nap for thirty minutes to prevent feeling even more drowsy by the time I wake up.

With her help, I am determined that we will solver this case and prevent any more murders from taking place for good.

We can finally return back to our normal lives in Hotel OJ. Before this all happened. Before everyone became distressed, scared, and began secluding themselves from everyone else to at least have a sense of safety. I can focus more on our relationship and...shit like that...

God, I need my old life back.

But then, I would just go back to everyone else seeing me as just another noisy bitch who resides in the hotel. Would that be worth fighting for? Or not? Now I'm unsure. Unsure of the future and the outcome. All I can do now and hope they will see me as something or someone more than that.

For now, I need to pay a visit to the Purgatory Mansion. And as soon as possible. We can't afford to have any more killings take place here.

You know what, fuck it. I'm going tomorrow night. I'm not telling anyone but Taco about this. I need her to come with me. I need to know what has been hidden from me for all this time. No sugarcoating, and no lies told. I would see the truth with my own two eyes.

Best to sleep for now. Rest is a good option to prepare myself for what I'm about to discover.