22- greenglass.jpg

Microphone's P.O.V:

"drift...into...sleep...everything will all be over..."

trees surround me, birds chirping happily, the sound of the air flowing by everything all around. there is a tiny waterfall with little rocks, and water going down peacefully. i look up, and there is the sky, shining brightly, the trees are packed close to one another, but this place gives off a better vibe than back at hotel oj.

but i can't let the looks of this place deceive me. there's probably a reason why im even here in the first place for now though. i can't do anything about it, so it's probably best for me to look around for food and study the place since i already know of a water source.

the grass feels soft on my feet and the air doesn't feel too cold nor too hot. a perfect temperature.

as i step further into this rather calming place, im hit with a realization.

y'know the birds i was hearing earlier? well, i found out that there were never any birds. there wasn't a single living thing to be seen. im the only one here.

so where did that noise come from. i mean, if there wasn't any possible way for birds to make those noises, as they were not present here, then who or what was the source?

...

then suddenly, i see someone. it's a little girl, most likely not even over six years old. she seems to be a tiny deep green glass bottle of perfume, looking scared. i want to go up to her and comfort her, but that probably wouldn't be the best idea. suddenly, it gets increasingly harder to breathe. i ignored it at first, but then it caused me to trip and fall over, my 'face' hitting the ground, covering my skin in dirt.

the noise startles the girl and makes her run away. instinctively, i chase after her, wanting to know who or why she's the only other object here. could there be a reason for her being here? does she know why she's here?

"hey. stop running, i just want to talk."

the perfume bottle freezes in her tracks and looks right at me, her face giving off a death stare. it's freaking me out. was she not just running away in fear a few seconds ago?

"come here. i wont hurt you."

i inch closer to her, my walking pace being slow, cautious of what the girl is capable of. i don't know her. just because she looks tiny and helpless, doesn't mean she isn't capable of being a threat.

then i see her walking to me. she wraps her skinny arms around me and sobs. now im confused of what she is thinking and feeling. i just decide on hugging her back until she opens up to me.

the world around us suddenly begins to crack. the sky shattering into small pieces with extremely sharp edges. the broken shards began raining down from the sky and slashing my face, arms, legs, and everywhere else on my body. the girl, however, seemed unharmed despite the pointy pieces falling down.

she notices my confusion as she looks at herself before telling me "i'm...not real...i only exist in one place. your mind."

soon after she finished her sentence, she takes a deep breath as her glass body began to crack, filling out her whole face before finally shattering, the noise making my ears bleed.

the blood begins to spill out more and more. i look up to see the hotel. before everything. before everyone began dying one after another. it feels nice. i see oj, so i walk up to him and tap his back. he turns around at the contact, revealing his face. or at least what's left of it. mutilated so bad, that once proud grin of a hotel manager bring completely unrecognizable.

so i try to shake it off for now. i know it's not the best idea, but what else can i do? as soon as i take my focus away from oj, i see someone else. it's nickle. he seems to be looking around for something...

or someone...

"hey, nickel."

he turns to look at me. he doesn't get scared or anything like that. unlike oj, his face isnt as mutilated as oj's, but still uncomforting to look at. at least his face is able to be recognized.

i looks away from nickel to see salt and pepper, their backs facing towards me. should i just make an assumption that salt and pepper's faces look similar to how oj's and nickel's looked when i approached them, which had me thinking, could their mutilated faces be a major hint as to who and what caused their deaths?

is this what the voice meant by me playing a game in order to find out the truth? is this it? it's strange, but i find it hard to believe that this is what happened to them. this 'truth" that i've been given must be altered to at least some extent, because it seems unreal to me.

or could that just be me in denial? i don't know what to think or do anymore. it's all too much for me to take. does that mean that i'm a sensitive person? does that mean i have issues with trusting certain objects or things? like right now? is there something wrong with me?

suddenly, everything around me begins to spin out of control. i stumble around, trying to maintain my balance. slowly, everyone in the room began...melting into the ground? is this just me imagining things? please let this be in my imagination. please let this not be real.

i wake upo, bring greeted with the despair and hopelessness of reality. im still trapped in this room, dripping blood from the roof covering almost all my body. some light enters the room, allowing me to see who this strange figure was. my eyes adjust to the light, and what i saw next shocked me.