27- salty truth

Mic's P.O.V:
A/N- (we seriously need some mic pov over here-)

"huh...?"

What Taco told me at that exact moment had me speechless. What does she mean by 'all this was unnecessary' and that she held the answers I was seeking this entire time? How could she possibly know more than me in this case? It's hard for me to believe and understand to the fullest.

She may as well be reading my mind, because she answers my questions I was thinking of in my head.

"Yeah."

"Tell me then."

"Alright Mic. Glassy has nothing to do with the murder cases at all. It was Salt who started the drama by killing OJ, who then killed both Salt and Pepper. As for Nickel, I have no clue. Maybe he was murdered for fun, perhaps~" My voice sounded a bit flirty towards the end, because yeah, I see a possibility of Nickel being killed just for an object's pure enjoyment. My main question is who. I've never really seen most people around reach even close to having the mental capacity to be able to commit murder of another fellow object.

I cover my mouth with my hand in complete shock. It's fucking unbelieveable. So in simpler words, all this murder and death was caused by drama and revenge?

Oh, how things can escalate quickly.

Quicker than I thought my whole life, in fact.

If we're in the Purgatory Mansion then, what I've been told is that dead contestants unable to be revived would arrive here. It's what happened to Dough. It's what happened to all the victims of this revenge. Nickel's case seemed unrelated, on the other hand. If I were to take an educated guess, I would say any one of the dead people wouldn't have a clue. Wait a minute, never mind...Nickel would be here.

There's only one way to know for sure about Taco's words.

Interview the deceased. They would have more knowledge than everyone else.

It's the only way.

Any other way, and it wouldn't help much.

I need to risk talking to these people to get answers.

Or just talk to Taco, that works too.

But they would know a bit more than her.

So risking it is the better option here.

One question though.

How do I find these 'ghosts' here? Assuming I'm able to see them and that they're real. Maybe there's a certain way we could attract them? Only methods I'm familiar with are the ones meant to keep them away. Goddamnit.

Suddenly I see something zip past me, a quick flash of white with hints of red and blue. A/N: AMERICA-

It's gliding fastly away from me. That's when I see a hint of orange. Just orange.

Is that who I think it is?

OJ and Paper?

Great! Finally found two. Gotta find where the rest of them are at. Maybe if I followed them they would lead us to the others.

I tap on Taco gently. "Come on, let's keep on walking. I promise you, you won't die here, and we will have the case confirmed."

"So you don't trust me then." Taco had a straight face, dead serious glare. It's making me a tad bit nervous

"I do, it's just-"

Taco cuts me off, wanting to just get away from me right now. "Just go. I'm going to look for Glassy."

I don't want to start up a fight now. Just let her be, Mic.

"Fine. You go off and do that, I guess."

Taco's P.O.V:

I walk away from Mic and deeper into the mansion. Mic's off looking for dead contestants.

I need to have a talk with Glassy because I'm going to need her to give me a whole big ass explanation as to why she disappeared without a trace all those years back. She just left me there, alone with myself and my sister's ashes. I helped her in her times of need and she leaves me without saying anything during my hard times. I tried staying strong, I waited for the day she would magically come back to give and give me what I needed most in those times.

A reminder that there was somewhere, someone who cared about me.

But there's no one anymore, and I've been on a long road to finally learn and adapt.

Now, it's as if I'm going backwards on that path. Something I forgot to do? Someone I hurt again...? Shit.

Shit...

No wonder she left me.

I was born a lost cause from the start and there was no hope.

All these old memories...return to me...unlocking deep, vivid memories meant to be dropped, shattered, and forgotten along with the rest. Someone's there, reminding me of them and for a bad cause. It definitely relates to Glassy and the death of my, or our, sister.

It doesn't take long for quiet, careful footsteps to approach at a slightly swift speed. I find myself in an abnormally foggy room, not being able to see even an inch in front of me. I feel unsafe in an area like this. It's like everywhere you turn, you have a high chance of someone coming out of nowhere, which is possible. Even as a child, fog scared me. To some, it sounds stupid, but to me, that's just how I am. I'm a bit terrified of what I can't see.

I continue on walking through the room, eyes darting everywhere.

The sound of footsteps gets slower. I freeze in place, hand hovering over my gun.

"Come out..." A voice speaks. It's oddly familiar. Glassy, isn't it? Never seen her as the mysterious type. I guess that's the effect of not seeing her for a great amount of time.

"You're not tricking anyone, Glassy. Your voice has not changed. At all."

Then, she comes out of the fog, looking way different than I last remembered. A big shard of what once was her left eye was now cracked off. A/N: airy reference It reminds me of the fact that I'm not able to see out of one of my eyes from what had happened that one time.