✎ chapter six

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Fear

"I think Diana made a very convincing prince," Anne compliments to the raven haired girl who looks down smiling. "Me too," Tillie agrees with a blush causing us all to giggle out. We're sitting around in a sorta circle looking shape at our desks. "I was going for daring, dashing, and a little bit wicked," Diana explains to us with a mischievous look. "Please don't say like Gilbert." I tell Ruby which causes the girls to laugh. Ruby looks slightly offended but smiles back at me within seconds. I look around at the five of us feeling really happy in side to have close friends. Before we moved here I was alone other than my brother, having not been very social or outgoing.

"What are you talking about?" Josi asks bringing me from my thoughts. I look around the small circle waiting for someone to answer and Ruby then does. "Anne invited us over for an afternoon of parlor games." I turn to the girl shocked knowing Josi is now going to be mad at us and Anne. "All of you?" She spits out flaring down at Anne who looks almost scared.

"Parlor games? Without boys? Fine for you. I'm far to mature for suck childish amusement," Josi finally adds when no one answers her. She hides her embarrassment well but I'm sure we can all see it. She sits down in a huff by Tillie who looks uncomfortable sitting by the blonde. "Sorry," Ruby whispers to the now four of and Anne just turns around defeatedly.

***

"Whomever the bottle points to, you are permitted to kiss," Josi orders standing up in the circle of boys and girls that formed in the mud room. "It needs to be boy, girl, boy, girl." I roll my eyes knowing I don't even want to play such a dumb game. "Where does that leave Cole?" Billy asks causing a few kids to laughs and I send him a glare before standing and making it obvious at to where I'm sitting, by Cole. "Jane go sit by your dumb brother," Josi orders and I realize it's kinda weird that siblings are playing this game.

"Billy doesn't know anything about anything," Josi says sitting on the other side of Cole and he and I both look at her confused and slightly annoyed. "I'm glad you're here," she sends me a passive aggressive smirk before turning back to the blonde boy. "Didn't have much of a choice," he murmurs out. Josi covers up the awkward silence with having the game begin. One of the boys votes Diana goes first so she does nervously.

Diana spins and I watch as all the guys perk up seeing if it lands on them. I roll my eyes knowing I won't take a turn or kiss one of these overgrown babies. "Moody," I whisper out shocked that it would land on him but I guess it is random. "Me?" He asks with a little to excitement and I see Diana's face fall to an annoyed one. Moodys nice and all but he's also kind of weird. "Now you have to kiss, on the mouth," Josi orders and I feel another shiver run down my back thinking about Nate.

"You okay?" Cole whispers and I assume he felt me tense up from how close we're being pressed. "Yeah," I put on my best fake smile I look back to Diana and Moody standing up and leaning in for a kiss. It's a quick peck unlike Nate and I's and it leaves them both unaffected for the most part. Moodys whole face is lit up while Diana just has a small smile. Everyone claps and cheers as they sit back down.

"Your turn, Anne," Josi tells the redhead with a sickly sweat tone. "I'm out," Billy says as the girl leans in to spin. "No way. Ugly orphan," he spits out causing his friends to laugh. I look to Anne who looks taken aback and embarrassed. "What are you afraid of Anne? I seem to recall you knowing a lot about intimate relations,"
Josi taunts. "You're from unfortunate circumstances." I look around waiting for one of the girls to stand up for Anne but none of them look like they will. "The only people who are in an unfortunate circumstance is us, and that's why you weren't invited this weekend," I tell the blonde and everyone looks at me shocked. She looks angry at me but I stand I pull Anne up before turning to Josi. "We also didn't invite you cause you're really not that much fun."