XXXIII. Work For It

The second the door clicks shut, I feel Soap's eyes burning into the side of my skull. Though I keep my gaze on the ground, intently making sure not to give in immediately.

'Make him for it a bit', Ace's words echo in the back of my head as I turn to the kitchen.

I quickly make sure my hands are busy, working to clean up the mess in the kitchen that was mostly caused by Ghost and myself.

"What are you doing?" Soap steps into the kitchen area too, leaning on his elbows on the small kitchen island which causes his biceps to pop out just a bit more. My eyes glide over his arms and I physically have to stop myself from letting my tongue wet my own lips.

Fuck. Shit. Focus.

"Just cleaning up.." I say, keeping my voice low but with a hint of something else too. "Why, Johnny?"

"I was thinking about the points you mentioned earlier."

I chuckle, just once, making sure he knows I know what he means. "Where you, now?"

He hums in agreement, the sound vibrating right through me. "In fact, I can't stop thinking about it," he sighs. "About you."

Pressing my lips together, I try to keep myself from smiling. "Jesus, Johnny. How much have you had to drink?" I ask, slowly making my way toward him, and looking down at him.

He keeps his position, though he leans back a little as I come to stand in front of him. I throw the rag I'd been holding on the counter before locking eyes with him. A sound somewhat similar to a soft grunt comes from his throat as I let a silence play out. My gaze shifts between his eyes before descending to his lips. I reach out, delicately gripping his jaw.

"Hmm?" I ask again, referring back to the question I asked just a few seconds ago with a simple hum.

"I uhh—" he scrapes his throat, "Not enough, apparently."

The corner of my mouth quirks up ever so slightly, but I restrain from letting a full smile bloom. My stomach heats up, and I lean in just a bit closer. My lips hover just above his, a mere inch separating them.

Teasingly, I exhale a slow breath against his lips, my eyes locked onto his. "You know," I whisper, the warmth of my breath grazing his skin, "I think you're going to need a bit more than just an extra point." With that, I pull away slightly, leaving him hanging in anticipation.

His eyes flicker with confusion and desire. "Christ.. really..?" he manages to stammer, his eyes gliding over all of my features in hopes of finding something to focus on and clearly failing.

I give him a sly grin, my fingers tracing a path along his jawline. "Mhmm," I hum, leaving him to decipher the challenging look in my eyes.

"What do you want?" he asks, his eyes landing on my lips. "Anything. I'll fucking do anything."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't loving the effect I had on him, his desperation evident in the way he searches my eyes for a hint of what I desire. The charged atmosphere between us is palpable, and I can't help but enjoy every moment of it.

I take a step back, allowing some distance to linger between us. "Anything?" I repeat, a glint of lust in my own eyes this time. "That's quite a bold statement, don't you think, Johnny?" I let the words hang in the air, letting him simmer in anticipation.

His gaze intensifies, his determination clear. "Absolutely anything," he replies, his voice husky with desire though nearly turning into pleading.

Leaning in again, I brush my lips against his earlobe, clearly causing a shiver to run down his spine which pulls a shaky breath from him.