two ; jealous of who? ✓

ii | jealous of who?

Another assessment was coming up in Biology and of course notorious Rin hadn't been studying over the summer holidays. You had told him that if he at least received a passing grade in the quiz then you would promise to return all the manga you had stolen from him. However, everyone knows that Rin is terrible at concentrating in his studies so you also agreed to tutor him.

          Unfortunately, you had to cancel your plans today, you had originally wanted to go to the bookstore a block away from your apartment complex considering one of your top authors is doing a book signing. But Rin's current grade in biology kind of puts a damper on your parade.

          Although he's late, really late.

          Two whole freaking hours late.

          By now the sun has long set as the night sky is filled with the soft, shimmering of the stars. You've packed your books away a while ago, showered, changed and is just lounging on the couch; with your favorite hentai manga in your hand, your annoyance still can't seem to be put at ease.

        Your ears pick up the sound of light footsteps just beyond the front door and the lock clicks, possibly due the input of a key.

Or someone could be trying to break in, doesn't really matter.

Your thoughts are soon interrupted as the white front door opens, the chilly night breeze scampering in and nipping at your naked thighs, causing you to tug the oversized shirt down, if possible.

        Rin closes the door behind him, awkwardly standing there before speaking up, "Hey [ name ]." He drawls out your name, his voice low and the aura emitting from him is one of anxiety.

          Sighing, he walks over to you, feeling the couch dip as he takes a seat, "[ name ] please don't ignore me." His plead falls on deaf ears, but his tone sounds so desperate and full of regret that you almost give in.

Almost.

Ignoring him, you continue to flip through your manga, your mind trying not to drift to his hand which now rests on your thigh, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"[ name ], I'm sorry." He whispers and you just barley hear it.

But that's not what you want to hear, you don't want to hear his apologizes or the pleads spilling from his mouth. All you want is for your book to be signed and yeah sure, maybe you're being a little hardheaded, extremely childish and quite bratty but you just wanted something for yourself for a change. You wanted it so badly that you're in fact willing to give it up for him. Yet return all you'll get is sorry?

Bullshit.

And to make matters even worse this isn't the first time something like this has happened. In fact as of recently, you've been putting a lot of your plans on hold just for him. Whether it be to go those cute dates (which involve eating pizza)–although you don't mind–or you helping him with his cram school homework.

Turning the page once more, you can feel Rin looking at you, taking a glance in his direction a tired sigh leaves his mouth again.

Usually at this point you would of already forgiven him and started studying, although it's different this time.

Shifting purposely, his hand then slides of your thigh and you finally speak up, "What're you doing here?"

          A small silence falls upon the two of you before he says, "I came by to apologize and we still have our study date."