CHRISTOPHER

Sincere's Game: Chapter 4

Christopher

The private conversations have ended.

Even though the group discussions have started, people are still hesitant. 

Once again, the names on the board, in sequence:

Daisy, Christopher, Omar, Patricia, Arthur, Kaitlyn, Amy, Leonel, Gabriella, Sincere

The students start to look amongst each other, showing their acts of friendliness and acts of innocence. Nobody moves from where they are.

After about ten seconds, someone breaks the ice. Number #6, a short black-haired fellow with hair slicked to the side, raises his voice, "So... what do you guys think of this game?" 

Gabriella immediately responded, "I honestly have no idea as to what thi3s is." 

"Yeah... like... do we just tell each other our names now?" Number #1 joins in.

"It's actually not so simple." Number #6 counters. 

"The goal of this game is to have everyone win the scholarship prize. And for that to happen, we need everyone to say their names so that we can write it down during the test."

"Yeah, that's my point." Number #1 reaffirms.

"We need everyone to say their real names."

"So, we just need everyone to say the truth?"

"Exactly."

"So as long as everyone says the truth, we win?" Gabriella speaks with an act of curiosity.

"Hold on just a minute. Let's look at it this way, imagine that everyone has shared their names to each other, and it is finally time to guess. Everyone has already decided beforehand who is who. But it turns out, two people out of the ten people, lied about their names."

Number #1 is confused, "Why two people? Can't it just be one as well?" 

Number #6 clarifies, "Well, you need at least two people lying about their names. For example, if I say my name is 'Sincere' and didn't talk to Sincere beforehand about switching, then he can just call it out, and expose me on the spot."

"Think of it like this."