KAITLYN

Sincere's Game: Chapter 6

Kaitlyn

This sense of urgency was lost. After this upbringing, the players have now realized that it is not just themselves who are playing against one another, but their families. Every single one of them have just as much of a reason to acquire the scholarship as the other contestant. 

This very dilemma hindered communication amongst one another, and the players no longer see themselves as teammates, but as potential enemies. 

The group, the agreements they've made beforehand, are to waste. No, there are some, who still upheld the agreement, the goal to have every one of them win this game. Nobody wanted to risk anything though, seeing as one mistake could lead to one's downfall. One boy, however, refused.

"Guys." He started off.

"The only way we can all win, is if we work together."

The players, by expectation, never verbally responded to his proposition, but in turn, had their glances at the floors. Yes, some of these players only sought for individual gratification, and not for the empathies of how the other players feel. Sincere was not amongst these players, but Gabriella certainly was.

Amy, with her glasses hiding from the true expression her face displays, she argues, "But how can we determine if people are telling the truth?"

Omar, with his lips shut, pressing against one another as if he's making some sort of linear line across his face, stared at the carpet, like a hopeless bystander.

The group's internal energies sunk, though it rose when Arthur offered this idea. 

"What if we looked inside our backpacks?"

The player's raised their heads and listened.

"If we examine each of our backpacks, belongings you could say, then possibly, we'll find their names hidden somewhere." 

Gabriella insightfully imagines, if they search my backpack, they'll find my diary.

Should I show them my diary? No, I want to win this game, and to win, I can't let them see. But I haven't switched my names with anyone... 

Well, maybe, I can pretend to act like I switched names with someone else. I'm a genius! 

And I'll refuse to have them take a look at what's inside my backpack. Oh yes, that's preferrable.

The boys, Christopher, and Justice sided with Arthur's proposition. They had their eyes on the two other boys. 

"Sounds like a good idea." Omar (#9) complied.

However, one girl, number #2, who was supposedly Kaitlyn, argued, "You guys may not search through my stuff." 

Number #8, Arthur supposedly, had a subtle hint of annoyance.

"This is girl's private property." Kaitlyn (#2) said. "I can't agree to this."

Patricia, number #1, quickly agreed to this. "Yeah, sorry guys."

All the girls in the group, formed a somewhat intuitive understanding. This is private. No one may scuffle through our backpacks.

"Very well." replied Arthur (#8).

The girls' responses fended off Arthur (#8) for one moment, but he barged through.

"Then how about you, just give to us the important items."