ARTHUR

Sincere's Game: Chapter 5

Arthur

The 10 most exceptional students in the country face off against each other in a battle of wits. Atratus, the gamemaster, is pleased by how the game is progressing.

The smartest in the room, has made his move...

"As you can see, this is an agreement form. Currently, it is just a piece of paper, but if everyone signs this, then it would hold the power needed to help everyone here."

Why an agreement form? Gabriella thought.

Number #6, the current leader of the group, looked surprised. "What do you mean by an agreement, how will this benefit the group?"

"Well, how are we supposed to know if we are working together or not? How can we be able to trust each other if one person plans on lying?"

"Can't those people just pretend to agree?" Christopher (#6) questioned.

"Yes, though it is important for everyone to agree, that way we will reach a team unity."

Everyone looked at Christopher (#6) and intuitively asked him to check what the contents of the contract read.

Christopher (#6) got up to look at its contents. It read: AGREEMENT FORM TO SPLIT WINNINGS: SIGN HERE. At the bottom it wrote: EVERYONE WHO SIGNED HERE HAS A LIABILITY TO COOPERATE AND HELP PLAYERS WIN, THE GOAL IS FOR THE WINNERS TO BE ALL STUDENTS WHO SIGN HERE. PLAYERS MUST SIGN HERE WITH SIGNATURE AND STATEMENT SAYING THAT THEY AGREE TO COOPERATE.

Gabriella was first a little confused: What if I sign this contract? Won't the scholarship prize money decrease? I really need the money. But if everyone chooses to do so, then I will have no choice to cooperate with them. I want to be the only winner. I don't care.

We all hesitated for a minute before following through. But as expected, one after one, the players started getting up to head towards the petition. There was even a line formed in order for the students to take their turns.

Gabriella was furious, she wanted to win the $10,000 but having the prize deducted by half of it's value is not preferrable to Gabriella's standards. Guess I have no choice, she concluded. Gabriella stood up and walked over to the form, when...

"Hold on."

Gabriella felt a strong grip on her wrist, and as she was moving, her body jolted itself back by the force of the grip. Her arm felt a slightly sharp pain.

"Hey, what the fu-"

"I just saved your life." Number #10 stated in a loud monotonous tone.

Who does this guy think he is? Was he intentionally trying to hurt me?