THE NAME GAME

Sincere's Game: Chapter 1

The Name Game

"Good afternoon, my name is Atratus, and I will be your gamemaster."

Cygnus University is a mediocre liberal arts college with a student population of around 20,000. The campus is just as average if not worse than other colleges around the area. The library, the science building, the business centers for example were pretty rundown, they haven't had any renovations since the 80s. This is due to the University's football team, the 2nd most popular football team of the state who were considered the underdogs for the upcoming season.

Because of this, the university decided to invest their funds on stadium renovations instead of renovating the actual school. It may be unfair but these investments towards the football team will most likely rack up to over a couple million dollars this season with some for profit. Going back to the mind-bending event, its location is inside one of these worn-down facilities.

Although it is rundown, lots of students have classes inside these buildings. So, they will need to go in and out at various times. The administrators of the game scheduled a free time period for the room that was not scheduled for any other classes. They were all invited through invitations online that acknowledged the student's prestige. That is how the game sets up for these 10 students that are about to participate. However, these aren't just your regular students.

"Please pay attention to what I have to say."

"The scholarship is transferred from our organization, which is privately funded, to the winners. With this scholarship, you may choose which university you may attend to. As long as you use this scholarship for the purposes of that university, the whole 2, 3, or even 4 years of your time spent there will be covered. And to earn this, you must win this game."

"I will introduce to you the first game we will be playing. It will be called..."

The Name Game

There are ten people in a room/area that do not know each other's names.

Participants will be numbered from 1-10. The person who guesses each person's name correctly the most with the person's corresponding number, wins.

However, if you get one person wrong when guessing names, you get eliminated from the score. For example, the person who doesn't guess at all wins against the person who gets eliminated.

People are numbered for identification; you cannot take off your number identification sticker. There will be a board with the list of names present. Now I will go over some additional common-sense rules:

1. You cannot show any forms of identification to others.

2. You must not leave the premises.

3. No technology use whatsoever at all during the game. (No phones, laptops, etc.)

4. Follow what the administrators tell you to do.

5. No acts of violence.

If anyone of you disobeys these rules in any way, you will be disqualified and lose your opportunity to win the scholarship. If you ever need to hear it again, just feel free to ask. I will be residing here, at the podium.

"First there will be 10 minutes of private conversations. Then there will be 2 hours of group discussions amongst you all.

After that, people will take a test.

We will put your identity numbers on the test, and the person who can match each person's identity number with their real names the most, wins.

People are numbered 1-10 starting from the girls then to boys, so you will use those to identify and guess each other's names.

The presenter took a breath in, and a deep breath out.

"The students with the most points in the end, wins a scholarship of $10,000 that covers all fees for any particular university you attend to. Although, any student loan debt you've accumulated, will be covered first. Though, you guys may have already known that by now."

"However, if multiple people have the highest score, the scholarship prize decreases to $5000 per person."

"But that means ALL of you can win at the same time if you work together!"

"Though, if you get one wrong, you lose!"

The presenter's demeanor changes instantly:

"Oh yeah, the restrooms are out that door and down the hallway. Also, there are cookies, drinks and snacks on the table over there if y'all need them."

"Although it sounds like you need to know everyone's names, the important thing here is to understand the strategies behind it."

"So, you do not want to give out your names that easily. Keep in mind, everything around you. Because where you are right now, is the game room." The presenter smiled under his mask."

A projector screen pops up and displays a list of the names of everyone in the room. "Please take a look at the screen."

The names listed in descending order: Daisy, Christopher, Omar, Patricia, Arthur, Kaitlyn, Amy, Leonel, Gabriella, and Sincere.

"These are all of the associated names in this room. You will be using this list to take note of everyone in this room."

"Please come to the front, to obtain your identities. After that, put your backpacks to the side of the room, I know everyone brought a backpack so make sure to put it up against that wall." He pointed to the south wall.