Rail Against the Zombie?

I turned back to Lee Ann.

"Did you know?" I asked my voice a whisper from the shock.

"What?" Lee Ann yelled above the base. They'd turned the music back on full blast. I pointed at the screen where Nickolas, aka Nick the Dick waded through the brackish water.

"I mean it," I said, "I want out of here, yesterday."

"Chill, the real fun doesn't even start for another hour," she said.

"What's the real fun?" I asked.

"Nothing, everything. Just cool Mae, K?" said Lee Ann.

"So Brian did tell you," I said. Tired of all the lies.

"We need to go." I pulled her towards the doors. She wrenched her hand free. She made leaving anything but easy.

"It's not a big deal, plus I haven't gotten to test this out yet." She pointed at the job Derrick had done on her face. "The party is just starting. Don't you want to wait for Brian's grand finally?"

"No," I shouted. It was the truth, but it took a lot for me to admit it. All of this scared me. I wanted out, and I wasn't about to leave my best friend behind. "Tommy would come with me."

"Tommy's gone. Get over it already," said Lee Ann taking a swig from a red solo cup that appeared magically in her hands. This party had everything. "I'm not Tommy; I won't go running after Brian's every bad move." She through her emptied class at others in the crowd and walked away. Her body blended perfectly with the mass of zombies around her.

It was a good thing I hadn't gotten my makeup done because it would be ruined. Tears streamed down my face clouding everything from site. I had to stop Brian before he did something he'd regret for the rest of his life. Murder, even if you weren't convicted could reck a person. A guy I didn't know tried to take a bite out of my shoulder.

"Hey watch it!" I yelled over the music. I tried pushing him away. He caught hold of my elbow mid push. He smiled at me as he slowly shifted my arm towards his open mouth.

"Let me go," I twisted dropping my weight like I'd been taught in a free omen's self-defense class at the library. That just caused him to widen his smile. Rows of inhuman teeth gleamed red in the strobe lighting as he placed them on my flesh. Man Derrick and his friends were good. If this wasn't a theme party I'd have thought this guy dead.

Dead eyes locked with mine as I felt his teeth on my skin. His sneer curdled my blood.

"I said get off." On the word 'off' I shoved as hard as I possibly could. He took a step backwards to offset the force of my blow. My arm went with him pulling me into a girl at the refreshment table. She'd been pouring herself a cup of the punch. I knew this because the content of the red plastic cup now covered her enhanced chest.

"Hey," said this orange spray-tanned girl in shorts showing off the tattoo on her butt. It had the makings of a bite mark. Not a cute nibble; the kind you get when someone sinks their teeth into you and rips out a chunk of flesh. Like I needed to see it, anyway.

"That's a 'top brand I'd never heard of"' she screamed load enough to hurt my ears over the music. Great, of all the people to run into tonight it had to be Gabby. Once in a week was too much. Twice in the same night was my worst nightmare made real. How was I ever going to get out of this one?

______

A/N: Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment.