Go Back? No Way In ...

There was no way that I was going back into that house. Brian could keep the pass back to the mainland along with his keys and cellphone. I'd find another way of getting home. I had my school ID and a couple of ones in my pocket. Maybe someone would take pity on me and let me borrow their phone later.

Even drunk out of my mind, sick all over the floor, and plagued with bouts of dizziness that would make the world spin at inopportune times, I knew better than to traverse through that maze of party happy college zombies again. What if I found another dead body like tramp-stamp girl? Dead bodies and this party were going hand in hand. What if this time it was Lee Ann? There was no way I could carry out another body and I would never leave Lee Ann behind, even if she'd left me.

Then there was the house of horrors itself. What Derrick had been able to accomplish with food coloring, latex and makeup was down right spooky. There had to be a team of people to create so many undead in just one night. It didn't help that my tolerance for horror shows was zil and my super strength fueled by fear was running short.

There had been this one guy who was laying wait in a corner in one of the rooms we passed through who looked dead. Like, real dead, until he started groaning like an undead commercial. I had nearly dropped the dead girl from my back trying to get away from him.

Even plastered it made me pee my pants, again. That just added to my humiliation at having to be led out of the party carrying a dead girl. At least this time I was alive and not the one being carried out. I'd freely done all this humiliating stuff to myself. Well, mostly to myself. Not all the beer down my front had been me, but most of it was.

Good thing there was no one out here anymore to witness my humiliation. I looked back at the dead girl. The world tilted again. My feet gave out as I fell forward in a direction I hoped wouldn't land me in the water. All I could see was the dead girl's tattoo.

I was praying really hard in that moment that she wouldn't wake up and want to eat my brain. My whole world spun. This time I didn't fight it. I simply passed out.