1

As of right now I am on my way to my most favorite place on earth. The Hughes lake house. I have been going there every summer since sophomore year of high school. I'm on the phone with Luke talking about the traffic and how horrible it is trying to get my mind off of how impatient I am.

"Lukeeeee this sucks I still have 3 hours to go!" I complained to him. " I can't wait any longerrrr. I also have to pee really bad." I could feel him roll his eyes at me even through I can't see him on my phone.

Luke is my best friend, and the whole reason I started going to the lake house in the first place. It all started freshman year when our friend groups started hanging out together. We got really close and hung out together by ourselves a lot. I learned about him, he learned about me but it never really went anywhere. Since our failed talking stage we have decided to just be friends. Really good friends. He knows everything about me, so if something ever happened... he could make my life a living hell. I wish everyday that the bond that we have never gets broken.

"You're not missing anything anyway, we are just unpacking and getting ready for everyone." He replied to me. "And remember when I told you to go to the bathroom before you left?" he said in a I told you so tone.

I huffed "Whatever" me now rolling my eyes at him. "Are the usual people coming for the summer?"

"Yeah, everyone should be coming either today or tomorrow." Luke responded.

"Heck Yeah" I said happily.

As much as I do love the boys it does get annoying sometimes when they want to do boy stuff but I just want to lay out by the pool. They think I'm boring but it's just my version of fun. A lot of times they will play volleyball with me but almost every time it ends up in a fight or it just gets very violent, which I have learned to deal with. It also sucks being the youngest out of everyone because I am the one they pick on the most. But Ellen (the Hughes mom) always knows when it seems to get to much and takes me for some girl time. I love how Ellen knows me so well.

Ellen and Jim are my second parents. They always check on me when I am up at MSU since they know that my parents are pretty absent. My mom and dad have not been the best to me. The only reason I was able to go to my dream school is because of my talent in my favorite sport ever. Volleyball. Hockey comes in a close second of corse. My parents don't support me going to college. I think it's because they would rather have me at home cleaning up beer bottles and having me drive them home from the bar. Thankfully I had the Hughes or else I would be nowhere in my life right now.

" Is Ethan already there with you?" I asked Luke curious to where my boyfriend is.

As if on cue he walked into the room. "Hey Liv" he greeted me "How far away are you?"

"Like 3 hours, I wanna die." I love complaining.

" You'll be fine. You know if you would've went to U of M you could've drove with me and Luke." He messed with me.

"Yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah." I decided to mess with him back "I just thought the hockey players at MSU were hotter." I smiled to myself

"I was kidding" he said not liking the joke I made.

Luke also introduced me to Ethan. We have been dating for two years and things have been going great. We have said we love each other and we talk to each other everyday. He was mad that I didn't go to Michigan when I got the offer to play there but he understood that Michigan State has been my dream school ever since I was little.

The traffic started moving more. "Cars are starting to move. I'll let you guys know when I'm close."

"Be safe" Ethan and Luke said at the same time. "Love you" Ethan added

"Love You too. Bye." then I ended the call.

The drive went by faster than I thought it would. Soon I was pulling in the driveway waiting for My boyfriend and best friend to come outside.

A/N| I really hope you liked the chapter! I can't wait for the book to get going and start some drama!!!! This was the first chapter I have ever written to please let me know if you liked it!!! If you have any ideas comment them pleaseeee!!!!