Chapter 26

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕠
»--•--«

"This has to be one of my favorite outfits," I smiled, taking a step towards Emmaline with my hands behind my back, watching as she looked up at me then gave me a matching smile

"This has to be one of my favorite outfits," I smiled, taking a step towards Emmaline with my hands behind my back, watching as she looked up at me then gave me a matching smile. Today she wore a black long-sleeved crop top with a cut-out detail near her collarbone area with black high-waisted leggings that hugged her body to be able to train.

The next day after we got here, Emmaline suggested we pass the time training again like we did at the academy. Ever since the building went under construction, we stopped practicing our powers or physically training. Surprisingly, Mum and Uncle Warner were the first to say okay. Dad and Uncle Warner said they'd help us with physical training while Mum and Jello helped us with out powers.

"You have a favorite?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I have many," I sat next to her, my eyes falling on Uncle Warner and Jett as he taught her some fighting techniques. We've been here for a few days now. Nothing new happened, but that could be because we scared them off. We sent police men to lock down any areas that are not legally documented, like the local place Emmaline and I have been to.

Emmaline tried to tell them that these people did nothing wrong, that this can be their only work place, but they said it had to be done for our own safety. There could be any illegal activities going on there, this can be not only a food place. Better safe then sorry, Mum said, and I had to agree. I don't care about anything that happens as long as we're safe, as long as she's safe.

I heard footsteps coming closer, looking up to see Atlas walking towards us, smiling when Emmaline looked too, making me frown. Why was he smiling at her? Because he smiles at everyone. Except Jett. I noticed that. Maybe he was still bitter about thr mop situation, I would be too.

"Hey," he tilted his head, "I'm bored of fighting a punching bag, wanna test your skills?"

"You want to fight with me?" She arched an eyebrow, a soft smile appearing on her face, "you have Silas, Kai, and Zade doing absolutely nothing."

"1) I don't know who Silas is 2) I also don't know Zade 3) I'm not in the mood to fight Mr. Grumpy Robot over here," he motioned to me and I opened my mouth, but Emmaline cut me off before I could defend myself.

"Hey—" she jerked her head back, "he's not grumpy or a robot. You just don't know him well enough."

"Are you trying to change the subject right now?" I saw his blue eyes light up, his smile widening, "what? Don't think you can take me down, Warner?"

Oh no. This was one of Emmaline's red lines. A challenge. She never backed down from one. It was sometimes how I get to let her do something she doesn't feel like. It was also how I get her to be happy like when I took her book thrifting. She actually enjoys being challenged, being on the edge.