Chapter 1 The Beginning

Ma·lev·o·lent

/məˈlevələnt/

Adjective

having or showing a wish to do evil to others.
"the glint of dark, malevolent eyes"

To be :malicious, spiteful, hostile, evil-minded, baleful, bitter

I held my head as I laid on the floor in a fetal position . My stomach throbbed while hues of blue and purple blotches emerge on my skin, replacing the boot that collided with that exact spot only moments ago.

" You stupid bitch, did you honestly think you would flirt with him in front of me ?" His voice demanded my attention. His fingers wrapped around my throat like vipers on a prey. My feet dangled in the air as my body collided with the wall. The smell of smoke and vodka on his breath, told me what I already knew, He was drunk . Momma always told me Love wasn't real if it didn't come with pain, and sometimes in order to have a life worth living you had to go through Hell to appreciate it. I wish My Momma could see me now, I wonder what she would say? Would she be proud to see her baby girl going face to face with the devil himself ? Would the mere act of this intricate dance bring tears of joy to her eyes just like the lack of oxygen from being choked is bringing dots to mine ? We would probably have a laugh , and she would probably chuckle. I can Hear her in my head clear as day " Baby girl , Only you would travel through hell and fall in love with the devil '' and I would laugh because we both knew I was always a magnet for chaos. The life I had before is nothing compared to the life I live now, especially since I agreed to be his wife. My eyes trailing down to the beautiful 12 carat engagement ring that covers my fourth finger , it is still as pretty as the day I sold my soul for it even if it is covered with blood. The Irony of it all caused a smile to form on my lips that didn't make him too happy. Hell , I could cry and it would piss him off even more .

" What's so Fucking Funny ", he roars at me as my head bounces off the wall with each syllable that he pronounce , His eyes bright like fire , demanding my sacrifice , if you listen closely you will hear the cries of the poor unfortunate souls he collected before me.