Chapter 3 The Decline

"Can I get you anything else to Drink", The Waitress asked, after refilling my glass of wine.

" No , thank you, "I say, placing my focus back on the paper, I am currently writing for my English Literature Class. 

After torturing myself for several hours at home I decided I needed a change of scenery to clear my writer's block, which led me here, enjoying dinner alone at my favorite Italian restaurant uptown.

My mind has been all over the place lately with work, school and other things. Strangely enough I can not get over the interaction that occurred the other night in the VIP section. He isn't the first man that has sent flowers to the bar for me but, for several days , it's something about the way his eyes watched me, that has me on edge. There was a familiarity with his stare, or maybe that was possessiveness. He looked at me as if he owned me and I hated how that intrigued but also scared me more than anything.

" Um Stacy ", A familiar voice startles me. I look up from my work and I am surprised to see Danny standing beside my table.

" Yes" I say, staring at him confused.

" It's Me, Danny.. From the other night in VIP", He says, extending his hand that holds a very expensive watch on his right wrist. I knew who he was the moment he spoke, one does not forget a voice or accent like that. If we are being truly honest after I arrived home the other night, Justin and I did extensive research on his boss and him. Danny is the younger Cousin of Syrius. They run an extensive list of businesses one of them being a Luxury chain of high rise apartments. Little is known about Syrius and his private life, however Danny ,his second in command, has been linked to some very famous actress and models.  Their third cousin, Benji, is currently in a coma after an accident 6 years ago.

" How may I help you ?", I say, ignoring his extended hand and glancing around the restaurant searching for his boss nervously." Did you leave something at the bar ?"

" No, no it's not that," shaking his head. 

I stare at him confused before folding my arms over my chest and waiting for him to explain. " May I have a seat? " he says, pulling out the chair across from me. I bow my head in approval.

 " My Boss was so impressed with you the other night, so much so that he wanted to extend his gratitude for the wonderful service you gave us,"  He starts "Were the roses and envelope to your liking ?"

I stare at him with confusion before switching my gaze to my purse, retrieving the black envelope and placing it on the table. " You mean this envelope ", I say smiling at him with a glare. I wanted him to know I didn't spend an ounce of the money. He gives me a nervous laugh before popping a piece of gum into his mouth.

" Yes that envelope ",

" The envelope that holds 1600 dollars ? even after my best friend removed a few hundreds from it ?", Danny nods his head with Pride, and I tilt my head to the side unamused.

" Well as I said my boss wanted to show his-" ,

" A 2000 dollar tip on a 400.00 tab is a bit much don't you think ?" My eyes narrow at Danny, who fixes his suit jacket nervously. I push the envelope into his direction " I'm not taking that " I say, refolding my hand back over my chest. Danny pushes the envelope back into my direction.

" I think you have the wrong Idea?" Danny says to me below a whisper so that the other guest can not hear our conversation.

" I'm waiting ", I say bored

" As I mentioned earlier my Boss was so impressed with...", Danny starts

" You have two minutes ", I interrupted him by turning the timer on my phone.

" My boss would like to have dinner with you,  to discuss a further arrangement with him", He says quickly

" What kind of arrangement ?"  I question not liking where I undoubtedly know this conversation is leading.

" One that would interest both parties ", He says and I raise an eyebrow at him

" and how does your boss know what Interest me ? " I say closing my Laptop and placing it into my bag.

He doesn't give an answer and I roll my eyes. " Exactly , please send your boss my gratitude , however I will have to decline."

" Wait, you haven't heard me out yet",  Danny pushes, I raise my eyebrow in amusement.

" I've heard enough , I am not interested nor will I ever be interested in a man that thinks he can purchase me, tell your boss I'm not a whore", Danny shakes his head to protest but I raise my hand stopping him " and before you try to defend him , let me guess which one of the men from the other night was him ", I pause for a quick second before stating " Your boss was the guy who was having a mini orgy at the end of the table ? " I raise my eyebrow awaiting an answer. 

Danny doesn't look in my direction, only proving what I suspected. " Exactly, I have no desire to join that fucking circus, Please take your money and tell your boss I respectfully decline".

" I don't think you understand ", Danny reaches for my hand and I pull back , not wanting him to touch me. " Mr. Syrius doesn't extend his time for anyone, and I mean anyone, when he makes a request he expects for it to be respected "

" Well, tell your boss I SAID tough titties !!" He attempts to speak again "I do not give a shit", I bat my eyes at him.

Danny seems like a nice guy and if we would have met in another fashion I know we would be great friends, however I don't take kindly to idle threats or motions of intimidation. I'm not the once timid twenty something girl who cowers at a man's feet and I certainly do not plan on starting again anytime soon.

" at least let me finish", He retorts clearly frustrated with where the conversation is heading .

" I Have ! Now if you wouldn't mind I would like to enjoy my dinner. Have a Good night Daniel", I say with finality rolling my eyes , his head drops to the floor as he stands to walk away. I grab my glass taking a few sips before noticing the envelope that remains on the table. I stare at it for a while, before placing it back into my purse and motioning for my waitress to bring my bill.

" I'm sorry Miss, the gentleman that just left took care of your tab", I rolled my eyes again before grabbing my purse and exiting the restaurant. Knowing what I already figured , this isn't the last I heard from Mr. Djokovic.

MALEVOLENT जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें