Chapter 2 The Encounter

Six years later..

" Earth to Stacy ", Justin, my ever irritating but very protective best friend/ soulmate , shouts to me over the loud music in the bar. It's Friday Night and per usual we are swamped with customers.

" Yeah", I say, rubbing my neck trying to get the images of my past life out of my head.

" Are you not sleeping at night again ? are the dreams back?", Justin stares at me concerned.

" No Jay", I'm fine, I was just up all night studying for the exam that's all ", I say grabbing my tray and giving him an awkward smile. He squints his eyes at me before returning to make drinks.

" Booth 12 is motioning for you", He says pointing across the bar to our VIP section that is really just two booths that Harry, the owner, combined after being forced to remove one of the joint sides after a bar brawl.

" I thought Ashley had that area " I say checking the section chart , but groaning as I see my name for VIP.

" Harry made changes to the board shortly after they arrived ", He says, pouring a glass of merlot and sliding it down to Jim , our regular, who is here every Friday with his brothers. He winks at me and I give him a smirk back. He is the sweetest and probably the only man in here who can wink and not get a scowl from me.

" Fine, " I say, grabbing my tray and walking over to the now full section. " HI, My Name is Stacy, I'll be your waitress tonight , what can I get for you guys ", I say not bothering to even make eye contact with the table. Honestly I hate working VIP due to the type of men who frequent this section. You know the ones who think they are god's gift to women which is why I never give my real name, and if we are being quite honest the only two people alive that knows it are Justin and Harry and for reason I care not to get into will remain that way. When No one answers I raise my head , My eyes meet with a 5'6" tiny man who looks like a combination of Bruno from Encanto and Tony Montana undressing me with his eyes , "gross ".

" We will take 2 bottles of your best whiskey , with some shot glasses, and 2 cases of Jalen ", he says, his voice slick with a Russian / Serbian accent. He winks his eye at me before moving the overly chewed toothpick to the right side of his mouth.

" I'll need a credit card to start a tab.", I say writing the last request down before meeting his gaze that is on my ass again. His hand enters his upper suit jacket pocket, retrieving his wallet and producing a Black Amex card. His smile and raised eyebrows tells me he expects for me to be somewhat impressed. I struggle to smile as I take the card from the Guy. " Anything else Mr.... ", I say totally not bothering to look at the other men at the table whom I also can feel staring at me.

" Call me Danny", He says with a smile " And no that will be all for now " . I Nod my head and give the table my back. "Wait, I would like a bottle of wine ", A female voice from the opposite end of the booth says. My eyes slowly glances down to the end of the table where I see this petite Blonde smiling at me.

" Ok , what kind of wine would you prefer",? I question moving my way closer to her .

" Umm what is your favorite?", her eyes light up as the guy next to her kisses her cheek. The sight of his affection caused uneasiness in my belly. I look away as I bite the bottom of my lip, instantly regretting it as my eyes are met with piercing blue ones, quickly divert my eyes back to the blonde who is awaiting my answer patiently.

" This local brewery makes a very tasty sauvignon blanc that I'm addicted to", she takes my suggestion in looking at the gentleman whom I assume is her partner to make the final decision.      

The men sitting at the end gaze not wavering as I literally feel him scanning my body. Goosebumps threaten to rise on my skin as his intense stare becomes unbearable. The few seconds we shared I could tell he is not someone you want to mess with. I manage to steal a another glimpse of him from the corner of my eye, his stare is hard and dark as his hand rubs his beard, a ghost of a smirk shows on his face before it's masked by his tongue running over his lower lip, that's when I noticed the two women on either side of him, one kissing his neck as another woman 's hands are clearly rubbing his member under the table. The woman kissing his neck, notices our awkward stare down and moves to kissing him on his jaw. Her face blocks his view as her tongue and lips connect with his. Not wanting to witness the mini orgy anymore, I turn my attention back to the blonde who quickly nods her head accepting my suggestion. I give her a smirk before turning my back and rushing to the bar.

The rest of the Night goes by smoothly. Justin and I are counting our tips awaiting our last few tables to check out, when I notice one of the body guards from earlier coming into view with what looks like a rather Large bouquet of blood red roses. I stare at Justin confused when the guard, who has yet to speak , places the roses on the table before handing me a black envelope.

" Ok what the fuck just happened ", Justin says watching the bodyguard exit out of the Main entrance.

" I don't know ", I say, just as shocked as he is .

" Well are you going to open it ?", He says motioning to the black envelope that sits in my hand. I stare at it for a few seconds before Justin loses all of his patience, snatching the letter from my grips and practically ripping the contents in two as a huge stack of twenties emerges from its folds causing Justin's eyes to light up like a child on christmas morning. " What.... the.... fuck ", He looks at me with wide eyes and I grab the envelope to inspect it myself.

" This has to be a mistake ", I say, pushing the money back in , causing a card to drop onto the floor from the force.

" This right here, is not a mistake !! Girl you better accept a blessing when God gives you one", Justin pridefully grabs the envelope , counting out ten of the twenties and shoving them in his back pocket. I stare at him in shock " What does the Card say?",

" Just a Name , Syrius Djokovic ?" I toss the card down on the bar, trying to recall if I heard of the name before. Justin, who has taken the opportunity to take several more twenties from the envelope, shrugs at me when I give him a look of disapproval. " I'm returning the money Justin ", I say, folding my arms over my chest before motioning for him to return the money he took.

" You can return your half I'm keeping mines ", he says " and don't look at me like that, it's about time you started to pay for the opportunity to breathe the same air I breathe", He shouts before disappearing into the back causing a chuckle to erupt from my lips. I glance at the roses then , back to the Envelope. The gesture of it all causing knots in my stomach.