Chapter 7 The Pendant

The slam of my apartment door echoes through the halls as it locks shut, I growl in defiance as I storm into my bedroom, looking for my vibrator. "Ugh like fuck him" , I say kicking off my boots, stripping my body naked.

I'm agitated and if you must know I didn't get to cum. After the reveal, which was certainly on purpose by him, Things became a little heated, so much so that the cocky bastard called one of his goons, who picked me up and carried me out of the garden, like a sack of fucking potatoes. My membership card was revoked and money refunded by the time I arrived home.

Humiliated would be an understatement. I am perplexed, furious, annoyed and worst of all WET. I look at the silver bullet as I turn the intensity to high climbing into my bed and placing the object on my achy clit. It takes several seconds before I am huffing and moaning in frustration. It's no use, I am incapable of bringing myself to climax. I toss the silver bullet across the room before, pulling the covers up to my neck and closing my eyes, my phone buzzing beside me. I go to grab it only to see the number unknown. He really has the balls to call after the stunt he pulled tonight, hitting the ignore and closing my eyes, I attempt to sleep.

Thirty minutes later, the phone buzzes again and this time I am way too tired and horny not to bypass the opportunity to tell that asshole exactly how I feel. However, the pending image accompanied by the text "Left Something" makes my heart quicken with anticipation. With hesitant fingers, I tap the message and there it is, the image that speaks volumes without uttering a single word. Time seems to freeze as I absorb every pixel, every detail. My lungs feel tight as if the air has been sucked from the room, leaving me suspended in a moment of raw emotion. A tattooed hand holds the most important item I've ever owned , my mother's ashes encased in a diamond pendant necklace.

I grabbed the empty spot around my neck, instantly sighing as the memory of my lost necklace once again pulled me back to reality. It's been a week, despite my better efforts, since I spoke with him, well if you consider texting speaking. A deep sigh leaves my body as I wipe down the counter of the dimly lit bar, the familiar scent of alcohol mingled with some Jazz played in the background, calming my nerves. I'm beyond distraught, I have never been apart from my mother this long. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes , as I try to clear my head and focus on my night ahead. Tonight is not just another early evening shift, filled with the usual mix of regulars nursing their drinks and occasional strangers passing through. It is the second most important day of my life, Justin's Birthday, and his party is tonight .

Harry decided to close down the bar early so everyone would be able to attend. He doesn't do this for all his employees but when it comes to Justin and I he has a Soft spot. Harry is like a father to me and without him I would not know where I would be. Justin, like myself, came from a tough background. One that would have destroyed us both if Harry didn't take us in.

" Everything is all closed up?" Harry questioned walking to the back door , his car keys in hand.

"Yep , I just let Jim out and locked the locks." I say to him, removing my phone out of my pocket before sighing and placing it back into my jeans.

" everything ok? ", he questioned before locking the back lock and walking me to my car.

" Yes , everything is fine, just Justin freaking out about me not being on time for the makeup artist." I lie not wanting to worry Harry even more.

" You two are day and night", He shakes his head with a chuckle. "Welp you better get going! BE SAFE and tell Justin not to drink a lot, I'm not getting out of my bed again at 3 o'clock in the morning to bail his sassy ass out ", He says opening my car door and closing it.