Valk & Dom (+Firebrand & Ghostwalker)

Yayaya Request from my sister :3

Also headcannon: Dom and Ghostwalker are gender neutral

Angst/fluff

"Let the flames assist you."

"Let's carry on with the plan."

The two deities started their respective events and flew around the arena. A good few seconds past and Flipside still hadn't resumed their singing, though no one payed it any mind, no one except Firebrand. The deity glanced at the Flipside stage, where his grandkids usually were. They were there, but there was clearly a strained silence between the siblings, Firebrand would have to check on them after this Phight.

Firebrand had zoned out briefly, but was quickly brought back when he heard his name called. "Firebrand, is something the matter?" Ghostwalker asked gently tapping the taller deity's shoulder.

"Just worried about my grandkids." Firebrand sighed, shaking his head. Ghostwalker paused and took a brief look at Valk and Dom, nodding as they acknowledged their silence.

"We can check on them after this Phight." Ghostwalker assured him, there was only 19 seconds left so they wouldn't have to wait much longer. Firebrand nodded his approval but it didn't help his worry.

The few seconds passed quickly, the red team winning. Ghostwalker gave Firebrand a small nudge, encouraging him forward. The two deities both started making their way to the Flipside stage, only to be interrupted by a yellow blur. Valk. Firebrand sighed, looks like talking to them wouldn't be easy. He turned back to the stage, seeing Dom retreat backstage. Ghostwalker and Firebrand quickly glanced at each other and went in opposite directions, Firebrand going after Dom and Ghostwalker going after Valk.

Dom was sitting on a crate, hiding backstage. They had their gaze down, lost in thought, but glanced up as he heard someone approaching. "Oh, Firebrand!" Dom exclaimed, masking their feelings well, being a host. "Do you need something?" Firebrand sighed and sat next to them, careful not to touch and burn them. Dom's confident facade quickly faltered as they realized they wouldn't be able to lie their way out of this talk. "Me and Valk just need sometime alone..."

"Then I'll be here if you ever want to talk." Firebrand mumbled, rather upset that Dom wasn't willing to open up to him yet. The deity gently wrapped his wings around his grandkid, bringing them closer so they could feel Firebrand's warmth but not burn them. Dom let themselves get pulled closer and couldn't help but let a soft smile grow on their face. Just being near their grandfather brought them comfort, it was nice.

.

.

.

"I don't want to talk!" Valk hissed, turning away from Ghostwalker. He had fled to the tower and was now sitting with his legs hanging over the edge. Ghostwalker sighed, Valk was always a stubborn one, they learnt that from the Possessed vs Bitten Phestival. They sat a comfortable distance away from him.

"Then don't talk." Ghostwalker responded simply. They knew Valk had a rather short temper, and they knew to avoid making him upset. Valk glanced at them for a short second before turning away, using his wings as a barrier between the two.

The two sat like this for a while, Ghostwalker ended up reading his book to kill time. Valk glanced over again, this time not as moody as earlier. He sighed and awkwardly shifted slightly closer to Ghostwalker, causing them to look up from their book.

"You know I don't mind you moving closer." Ghostwalker chuckled, amused. Valk glanced at the deity once more. He mumbled something quietly and shifted next to them, not wanting to admit how much he actually hated being alone. "So, feeling better now?"

Valk nodded

.

.

.

"You good now, Dom?"
"Mhm..."

590 words! :D