Ch. 3: The First Battle

Luz sliced through branches, easily testing her striking ability with the sword.

'Excellent form for a beginner but you must still improve.' The Yamato said, being her weapon and instructor.

"I'm trying." Luz said.

Luz put the sword back in the shealth and prepared for a quick draw attack again

She swung the blade, before grabbing the handle and pulling it out of the sheath and doing a slicing motion.

'Good... again.' It said.

Luz repeated that for about two hours, trying to perfect the main/fastest attack of the Yamato before moving into sword fighting.

'Good, you are showing improvement.' Yamato said, 'You've begun to master a basic attack, now try the upper slash attack.'

Luz nodded and grabbed the Yamato's handle. She pulled the sword from the sheath and sliced the air in a horizontal motion upwards, before bringing it down in a quick motion.

'Good... again.' It said.

Luz nodded before she repeated the motion, faster than before and with more power behind it.

'Again.' Yamato said, 'You're stance must be perfect if you wish to have true strength.'

'I know. I'll keep trying again and again if it means I can protect my friends.' Luz thought.

Luz performed another upper slash, making the Yamato hum in improvement.

"So, if you don't mind me asking... who was your wielder before me?" Luz asked.

'That feels like a lifetime ago... there will be time for that another day.' Yamato said, 'For now, you should get ready.'

"Ready for what?" Luz asked.

Suddenly there was the sounds of branches being broken.

Her senses heightened, Luz grabbed the Yamato and was ready to draw!

'For those.' The Yamato said firmly. 'It was only a matter of time before they appeared.'

The creatures began walking through the tree line. They were skeletal creatures with scythes, wearing black cloaks.

 They were skeletal creatures with scythes, wearing black cloaks

"What are they?" Luz asked.

'Hell Pride, one of the Hell Seven.' Yamato said, 'The perfect demon for you to test your new skills on.'

"And why are these things here?" Luz asked.

"Sparda." A Hell Pride said, pointing a scythe to Luz. "Blood of Sparda!"

"Sparda?" Luz asked, unsure of what that is.

'There will be time for that later, attack.' The sword said.

Luz wanted to know more but couldn't ask as one of them jumped at her, making Luz focus and block the attack with the katana in the sheath!

She then pulled the sword out of the sheath. With a slash, Luz beheaded the monster and watched it hit the ground, melting with a black smoke rising.

"What the hell?" Luz comments.

'This is how they fall, remain focused.' The Yamato said as Luz dodged another Hell Pride.

She swung the Yamato, knocking back one of the Hell Pride. A third came from behind but Luz jumped, backfilling over it and slashing it down the middle to kill it!

'Excellent! You seem to thrive and improve in battle, keep going!' The Yamato said.

"I'm used to situations like this!" Luz said, sheathing the sword and preparing a Judgement Cut.

The sword began glowing, and she attempted... but was met with it turning on her and knocking her back.

"UGH!" Luz said in pain. "What happened?!"

'Foolish, you were in too much of a rush to perform it.' Yamato said, 'And not trained enough to perform it in the heat of combat yet.'

'Great! So I pulled it off as a fluke when I got you!' Luz thought as she got up and dodged another Hell Pride! 'Fine! I'll just cut them to pieces without using any magic!'

Dropping the sheath, Luz rushed at the demon with the sword held tightly in her hands. She didn't care if the sheath vanished behind her and stored itself in her soul, Luz was just focusing on killing these enemies before they could kill her.

Luz kept cutting through the demons, it was getting easy, which made her feel like something bad was coming. Like something bigger and stronger than them was coming for her.

'Something is coming... something... familiar.' Yamato said, growing fearful! 'That aura... it can't be.'

"Sparta!" A new voice said before it stormed through the woods.

Revealing to be a giant beast of darkness!

'Beowulf... impossible.' Yamato said.

Luz looked at the beast in front of her, and took a step back.

"I remember that scent! I told you I would not rest until I rid the world of your foul scent!" Beowulf said, opening his wings and unleashing light attacks.

Luz dodged, and looked on in fear.

"I... I'm not ready for that!" Luz said.

'Agreed... allow me.' Yamato said, 'Allow me to take control of your body, I can easily defeat this, and you won't remember a thing, you'll be in the equivalent of a comatose state.'

"I... how!?" Luz asked, not having much of a choice.

'Just allow me to access your soul.' Yamato said.

Luz suddenly saw black as The Yamato took over. Her body stood up and smirked as the sheath reappeared over the sword.

"You are not worthy as my opponent." Vergil said, using "his" thumb to slipping the Yamato out of its sheath a bit.