Ch. 5: Power Lunch

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE PAST 5 HOURS?!" Amity, Luz's VERY angry and upset girlfriend, shouted at Luz.

"I've been trying to find a way to make a portal." Luz said.

"Without us? We've been work together in this since day one. Why suddenly go at it alone?" Hunter asked.

"I just wanted to increase our chances, do a little research in most places without drawing attention." Luz said, lying to them. "It... did not work."

'Good tell them enough to not be curious.' Yamato said to Luz. 'You are not strong enough to create a dimensional portal. Not yet.'

"So, how was everyone else's day?" She asked everyone.

"I have been worried sick because my GIRLFRIEND just up and disappeared with just a note left." Amity said, showing said note.

"I had a lead and I had to chase it." Luz said.

"And did it lead anywhere?" Willow asked, setting the table for lunch.

"No." Luz said with a sigh.

"Bummer but we're not gonna give up." Gus said with a grin. "We'll figure this out together."

"Yeah, we will." Luz said before yawning a bit. "Oh well, I'm tired. I think I'm gonna go take a nap."

"Not without something to eat first." Camila said, walking in and blocking the way out of the kitchen. "I don't even know if you ate breakfast this morning and I am going to make sure my daughter isn't malnourished."

'Your mother is very strong willed. I can tell from her gaze.' Yamato comments. 'Best to do what she says, and I agree a warrior must eat.'

'Fine.' Luz thought but she did feel hungry.

Maybe a good meal wouldn't hurt. Luz sat down at the table with Amity and Hunter sitting on both sides of her, making sure she didn't try to slip out while Vee passed out the food.

As she ate, she couldn't help but feel... stronger. Not just from training but from more than that. Like defeating those Hell Prides and Beowulf, which was more Yamato in control, made her feel at least twice or three times as strong as she was this morning.

'Might controls everything, and without strength... you cannot protect anything.' Luz thought.

Luz didn't know this but inside her hair, right at the base of her roots, a small patch of her hair had begun to turn white.

The Yamato/the copy of Vergil inside of the blade was ready, and was going to enjoy its soon to be found freedom. It just had to wait until Luz was strong enough and she when she was "Sparda" enough.