Ch. 4: Taming the Wolf

Beowolf shivered at this presence, this shift in the air made him slowly sweat as he kept his guard up and kept his gaze on "Luz."

"Prepare to die, Sparda!" He shouted.

He swung at Vergil, but using Darkslayer, teleported above the strike.

"Too slow." Vergil said with a grin, flipping over Beowulf and landing behind him.

Vergil grabbed the handle of the Yamato and dashed towards Beowulf.

A quick three slash attack made Beowulf scream in pain from the marks left on his chest!

The original Vergil beat him once before, it was quick, mostly because Vergil had more important things to do at the time. This time... he's going to enjoy it.

"Your move." Vergil said, opening "her" arms to let Beowulf attack "her."

Beowulf opened his wings and fired light beams at him.

Vergil just smirked as "he" let the lasers get closer before dodging them, rushing forward as "he" jumped and ducked around the lasers.

'Her body is in excellent shape but it needs more work.' He thought. 'Still, it shall work for now.'

Vergil reached behind him and a blue sword formed. He took the Mirage blade and Yamato as he charged.

With both blades "in hand," Vergil slashed at Beowulf faster than before, making him scream in pain as he put his arms up to block the strikes.

Vergil was a tough fighter, skilled, dangerous, and very much ruthless. The mirage blade disappeared, before Vergil put a hand up and made a fist, sending six smaller versions at Beowulf.

"GUUUH!" Beowulf screamed, firing lasers at the swords.

This distraction gave Vergil the chance to grab Yamato's handle and perform the Judgement cut END.

Rushing forward and drawing the sword, dozens of lashed appeared and cracked the air as Vergil appeared behind Beowulf.

"Oh how I've missed this." Vergil said, slowly sheathing the blade until...

CLICK.

Beowulf was reduced to a red mist, as a glowing ball floated in the air. Vergil held a hand out and took the familiar demon soul.

Vergil took a deep breath and exhaled, feeling the power of Beowulf washing over "his" body before a sense of familiarity came over "him."

"It seems like Luz has to train in another weapon but this one might be easier to master." "He" said as the Yamato disappears. "Come, Beowulf!"

Dark gray, glowing gauntlets and boots formed on Luz's hands and feet.

The power of Beowulf in "his" hands and feet, increasing "his" strength an speed just by wearing them made Vergil giddy to try them out before feeling "his" time in control coming to an end

"Guess this is our time limit in switching." "He" said, slowly shutting "his" eyes and exhaling slowly.

Luz opened her eyes and let out a few mumbles, like she would when someone tried waking her up.

"That....was not pleasant." Luz said, groaning as he rolled her shoulder. "Please, DON'T do that without at least asking for permission."

'I apologize but I was left with no choice considering the situation. But it all worked out in the end, you've become more powerful and have gained a new demonic weapon.' Yamato said to her. 'Look down.'

Luz looked down and saw Beowulf on her limbs, covering from her elbows to her hands and her kneels to her toes.

"Woah, what the hell happened?! Where did these come from!?" Luz screamed.

'You remember the beast Beowulf, yes?' Yamato asked. 'Whenever we defeat certain powerful demon, we can absorb their power to create new weapons known as "Devil Arms." This one is an old one that my previous wielder was quite accustomed to.'

"But how did I get it?" Luz asked, looking over the gauntlets and boots. "The boots look stylish at least but not with my outfit."

'I apologize again but I took control to properly handle Beowulf and killed him. Now, you can switch between I and Beowulf whenever you need to mix your attacks. This demon weapon is specialized for close combat and speed.' Yamato explained.

"Punching and kicking, huh? I guess that's good." Luz said with a shrug. "Though, I'm not sure I'm going to be good with them."

'That is for me to decide. Now throw a punch.' Yamato said to Luz.

Luz did, and a thing of light appeared as she stopped her fist.

"What was that?" Luz asked.

'Certain Devil Arms have certain powers. With Beowulf, your attacks are infused with light.' Yamato explains.

"Heh, that's ironic since my name means light in Spanish." Luz said.

'Yes but back to Beowulf, use it again but don't stop.' Yamato ordered.

Luz got into a stance, and then threw a punch, then another, then delivered a high kick.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

And with each blow, light energy burst forth with explosive power!

'Good... now again.' Yamato instructed.

"Okay..." Luz said slowly, amazed by the raw power she felt behind her blows.

'Maybe these Devil Arms things won't be so bad.' Luz thought, slowly smiling as she got back into a poor fighting stance.

Over the next few hours, she was able to get a decent amount of knowledge with her weapons.

Freely switching between Beowulf and Yamato to get stronger with both of them, slowly but surely. Eventually, Luz decided to call it a day for training and head home.

Luz sighed in relief as her hair turned back to black and she made Beowulf banished into her soul with Yamato.

"Hope no one asks where I was." Luz said as she walked home.