Ch. 7: Demon Power!

A few days later, Luz was in the woods, fighting off another round of demons. She swung the yamato at one, before shoving it backwards and impaling another one in the chest.

"This is getting annoying!" Luz shouted, frustrated! "Are these guys gonna interrupt every training session?!

'This is quite good honestly.' Yamato said, 'The more of them you fight, the better in combat you get.'

'I would prefer to train more before facing enemies! It's like going into a video game tournament when you've never played the game!' Luz thought, ducking an attack and slashing a demon up the middle!

'Well either way this seems like a decent time to teach you Darkslayer.' Yamato said.

'A new move? YES!' Luz thought, blocking an attack and skidding back.

'Focus, Darkslayer is a special ability, think of the enemy, focus on closing the gap between you and them.' Yamato said, '... Now!'

Luz felt a sudden gust of wind and she opened her eyes, she was in front of a demon that she was several feet away a moment ago.

'A teleportation attack?!' Luz thought as she attacked in instinct, slashing three times!

'Good, again!' Yamato ordered.

A demon tried running away, she dashed to it and swung the Yamato, still in the case, at it, before grabbing the handle and delivering a painful slash to it.

'This is so cool! I can see why Hunter loves teleporting so much!' Luz thought before ducking a slash and jumping up to stab the demon behind her!

'The more you practice, the more powerful your dash will be, even letting you do more than just a quick teleporting dash.' Yamato instructed.

'And one step closer to cutting open a portal back to the demon realm!' Luz thought as she smiled, enjoying the battle more than before.

Luz sliced through the demons with ease, before noticing something on the ground of one she just killed.

"Uh, what's this?" She asked, holding up a red crystal.

'A red orb, the official name for crystalized demons blood.' Yamato said, 'It will allow you to learn abilities faster, we just need to find a divinity statue.'

"A divinity statue?" Luz asked before killing the last demon. "You mean like some sort of shrine?"

'It's a special statue, offer it demon blood and it will allow you great knowledge of abilities.' Yamato said.

"Really? So where can I find one?" Luz asked, making the blade vanished back into her soul. "I mean, you were around here randomly. Maybe one is nearby?"

'The blood will start glowing when you get close.' The magic sword replied.

Confused but understanding this, Luz just moved the red orb of crystallized demon blood around to try to find a divinity statue nearby.

'You know, now that I think about it, a statue like that being in a town with witch hunting history doesn't seem that crazy.' Luz thought. 'Actually nothing about my life seems crazy anymore.'

Luz continued moving the orb around before she saw it glowing, moving towards that direction as the red orb slowly began flashing in a consistent rhythm.

"It must be this way." Luz muttered.

Luz continued to follow the orb, focusing on its glow growing brighter and brighter instead of what was ahead of her.

'Luz, look up.' Yamato said.

Luz slowly looked up.

"You have got to be kidding me." Luz said with wide eyes.