Chapter Fourteen: Marjorie

The sound of the door opening broke the silence of the apartment, and Sage's heart skipped a beat as she rushed to greet Connor. Her worry turned to alarm as she took in his appearance – his shoulders slumped, his expression drawn with exhaustion, and his eyes bloodshot from a lack of sleep.

     "Connor!" Sage exclaimed, her voice filled with concern as she rushed to his side. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

      Connor's breath came in ragged gasps as he sank onto the couch, his hands trembling with emotion. "I'm sorry, Sage," he said, his voice heavy with regret. "I just... I couldn't face practice today. I couldn't face the team."

      Sage's heart clenched at the sight of him, her worry deepening with each passing second. She knelt beside him, wrapping him in a comforting embrace as she tried to soothe his troubled mind.

     "It's okay, Connor," she whispered, her voice soft but reassuring. "You don't have to apologize. Whatever happened, we'll figure it out together."

     Connor's shoulders sagged with relief at her words, his eyes brimming with unshed tears. "I just feel like I'm letting everyone down," he admitted, his voice trembling with emotion. "I'm supposed to be out there on the ice with the team, but instead, I'm stuck here, feeling useless and alone."

     Sage's heart ached at his words, her own eyes welling up with tears as she felt his pain echoing in her chest. She knew how much hockey meant to Connor, how deeply he cared about his teammates and his role on the team. To see him struggling like this tore her apart inside.

      "Connor, listen to me," Sage said, her voice firm but gentle. "You are not alone, and you are not useless. You are an important part of that team, on and off the ice. And whatever challenges you're facing right now, we'll face them together, okay?"

      Connor nodded, his expression softening as he looked into Sage's eyes. "Thank you, Sage," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I don't know what I would do without you."

      Sage wrapped her arms around him, holding him close as they sat together in the quiet of the apartment. She could feel the weight of his troubles pressing down on him, but she also knew that with her by his side, he would find the strength to overcome them.

As they sat together, Sage felt a sense of peace settle over her. She knew that Connor was hurting, that he was struggling with feelings of guilt and inadequacy. But she also knew that he was finally letting her fully in and she felt proud.

Sbenns

• ~ ~ ~

• ~ ~ ~

 ~ • ~ ~Tagged:_connorbedardKevinkorchinski

~ • ~ ~
Tagged:
_connorbedard
Kevinkorchinski

 ~ • ~ ~Tagged:_connorbedardKevinkorchinski

~ ~ • ~

~ ~ ~ •Tagged:_connorbedard

~ ~ ~ •
Tagged:
_connorbedard

Liked by _connorbedard, quincewilks, and 764,000 others
Sbenns Connor bought me the flowers so I would stop annoying him

Quincewilks my pooks is so gorgeous!!

Maeb_08 He got you flowers?!
^ _connorbedard I bought you some too. We're bringing them home now.
^ maeb_08 Thank you thank you!!

kevinkorchinski love you Sage 🫶
^ sbenns aww love you too kev

Nhllover Connor got her and her roommate flower?!? That's so cute wtf
^ nhlhater no it's not. It's disgusting.

Authors note

I know this is a short chapter 😭

I had the act yesterday and couldn't comprehend anything after...

Love you guys!!