his smile and trust

warnings: v*mit, (she's not pregnant i swear its just from anxiety. IM NOT THAT KIND OF WRITER I SWEAR !!) anxiety, infidelity?? like one slight sexual reference (nothing crazy y'all) 

also i think this might be a long one so sit tight, grab some water enjoyyy

Elsie took a deep breath as she stepped into the living room where Lucy Gray sat flipping through a book. An old book, one that seemed like it belonged in a museum. 

"Good morning!" Lucy Gray beamed as she looked at her best friend. Elsie felt her stomach churn looking at Lucy Gray's smile, the impending doom setting in on her conscious. Elsie took a breath before letting the corners of her mouth upturn to form a sweet smile. 

"Yes. It is." She smiled as she turned away from Lucy Gray towards the window that was previously behind her. She could feel the nonexistent breakfast she had doing flips in her gut but she pushed it down. She wouldn't let her thoughts get the best of her... again. 

"You doin' anything today?" Lucy Gray asked sweetly returning to her book. Elsie sucked in a breath as she heard the pages flip from Lucy's book. Elsie began to nod lightly before turning back to Lucy Gray. 

"Yeah, I'm goin' out to the lake today." She said it sternly, though Lucy Gray couldn't tell. Elsie was just trying to keep her sentences short before she spewed all over their floor. She needed to get out of that room. She needed to get away from her guilt, she needed to get to Coriolanus. She would see him later that day at the lake, it had become their meeting point, a place that belonged to them. They did everything they wanted there, nobody could hear or see. It was timeless and special. 

"I'll go with you!" Lucy Gray slapped her book down on the table enthusiastically and Elsie's eyes widened slightly. 

"No, that's okay!" She said it quickly before taking a deep breath, she looked at the disappointment on Lucy's face, "I'd rather go alone, my mind has been getting the better of me lately and I just need to get away." She smiled as she looked at her best friend for answers. Elsie searched her friend's face before Lucy Gray smiled sweetly. Goddamit. 

"Don't worry about it Elle!" Lucy Gray sat back down and smiled to herself. Why did she have to be so fucking sweet. If she was a bitch it would've made her life so much easier. Elsie smiled slightly as she smoothed down her dress with her hands, they were soft, but the skin around her fingernails was cracked from her picking at it with her teeth and nails. Without a word Elsie made a beeline for the door, grabbing her satchel as she quickly reached for the door handle. She turned around to shoot Lucy Gray a quick smile before disappearing behind the other side, following the short pathway to the gate of their small home. Elsie's hand met the rusting latch to their short gate. The once white and pristine wood was now a rotted and wet fade of its original woodsy colour as well as a couple off white paint chips. The rusted metal creaked loudly as Elsie's stomach filled with nerves, dying down in a couple of seconds. She couldn't believe what she was doing, especially to the girl who had done her no wrong. 

~~~