past is the present?

warnings: graphic mentions of death (like describing a dead person), cheating allegations. 

"If you did it to her how do I know you won't do it to me?" She yelled at Coriolanus, something inside of her burned. The fire was back. He was all she had and she couldn't bear to lose him. 

"I won't!" He cried out defensively walking slowly over to her. She had caught him up close and personal with a girl at the bar. He hadn't done or said anything considered flirtatious towards her but Elsie was still paranoid. After she had realized how much she had left, she couldn't begin to imagine what her life was like without him. Their relationship to Coriolanus was deep but there was so much he didn't know. He didn't know what her life was like before him. He didn't know the kind of person she was. 

3 years ago...

She stood there, completely frozen. The room that was once filled with screams of mercy were silenced and the only thing that could be heard was her shallow breathing. A loud clattering was heard as a large gun fell from her arms and onto the floor. The sound didn't make her flinch but internally the echo of the dropped object rang through her mind. Her life was forever changed. 

She had gotten so mad. She had been fuming and she couldn't control it. The gun was so close and the fire inside of her eyes was burning so bright a hole could be cut through whoever looked into them. 

The sensation of her stomach doing flips interrupted her cold thoughts. She looked at her friend, unmoving and her breath hitched. She slowly brought herself to crouch down next to the lifeless girl and grunted lightly as she dug her hands under the body and flipped her onto her back. Elsie let out a shaky breath as she took a look at the wide-open glassy eyes of her once friend. They looked out to something farther than her, farther than anything. A minuscule sheet of gloss covered her light brown pupils. A small outline of blood was beginning to form around her body, dark red sticky blood. Blood was slowly creeping up to the points of her shoes, so Elsie moved back slightly. She couldn't stop thinking about how she was going to afford the materials to clean it up. Her face was pale, paler than Elsie had ever seen it and she couldn't stop the feeling of relief. She couldn't help the fact that looking at the cold girl beneath her hands felt right. 

She pushed it away. She brushed off those feelings and tried to feel remorse, there was some. But still, the anger was running through her veins and hot waves continued to wash through her body. 

It was surreal. It was surreal and nobody would find out. No matter how much guilt she felt she had decided she would tell no one. Nobody would ever find out about the anger-filled events that had filled that day and it would stay a secret built down inside of her forever-

"Elsie?" Elsie's thoughts stopped as her head throbbed, a sense of panic covering her face as she moved her face to look at the voice that rang throughout the silence. 

Lucy Gray. 

Present...

"You can't do this to me. You can't leave okay?" Elsie's voice cracked pathetically as her eyes met Coriolanus', an underlying pleading behind their surface. She could feel her heart beating in her chest as he slowly crept up closer to her, reaching a hand out for her to hold. Almost like a promise. 

Like the very first time, she would never not grab it. She would always forget her feelings to feel his. So she reached out her hand and in a moment she met his warm hand with her own. His thumb brushed the back of her hand softly as if to say 'always'. A small smile tipped the edges of his mouth as his look into her eyes were filled with pity. 

"Never." He sternly said like he was trying to convince himself. 

She finally noticed. 

authors note: 

heyy.. sorry its been so long cuties, honestly i've just been finding it hard to search for motivation with a busy schedule but i've got my schedule all worked out now. I'll post monday, wednesday, friday, and sunday for y'all. (this is australian time.) anyways, i've been reading some comments and i've worked out the ending. hint: you guys are gonna be shook and shocked, but don't fret you'll love it i promise. 

again sorry for the short chapter i just wanted to get one out to you guys! please comment and vote if it isn't too much! if you have any requests of anything you'd want me to add to the story i will consider them and maybe use them. (wink wink) now for the serious stuff: i don't write smut but if y'all reeeaaalllyyy want it i can learn? i'm a people pleaser what can i say? (again see what i did there with the whole pleaser thing ahah, i'm so funny) 

sorry for the bad jokes but as always,

anyways, love ya!

sophie