not the same.

warnings: losing a friend? manipulation

"We need to tell her." Elsie's knees curved over Coriolanus' as her eyes widened. She began to shake her head as he kept speaking, "I can't keep lying to her." Elsie's breath hitched as she moved her legs off of his to move her body the same way his was faced. 

"No." She whispered, moving one hand through her hair. "I can't." Her voice cracked as she thought about the betrayal Lucy Gray would feel, her best friend. And what a shitty friend Elsie was in return, after all Lucy had been through Elsie decides to help by being the other woman? She blocked out the thoughts in her head as Coriolanus cleared his throat in response.

"Then what do you want to do Elsie?" He had used her name. Not Elle. "We can't sneak behind her back forever. What if she wants to get married? What if she wants to have children? I can't keep doing this to her, and especially not now when I know what love feels like." He finished his sentence and scooted closer to where she was sitting, her legs dangled off the side of the dock as her hair blew slightly in the wind, the sunlight giving light to her dewy skin and green eyes. Her tanned skin was almost reflective in response to what he had said. His hand reached out and moved her jaw to look at him. The two made eye contact, her eyes dimly lit and his filled with a fire. 

A fire she could never figure out. 

"I need you baby." He spoke over the sound of water moving. The words played over in her mind, something about them wasn't right. There was something behind his words, something she couldn't quite put her finger on. She just began to nod slowly and he let out a sigh of relief. She would follow him until she couldn't anymore. He always knew what was best for them and she knew it. He never called her 'baby'.

"You're right." She spoke softly as she reached up to touch the back of his hand with her palm, his own hand still holding her jaw. She didn't want to believe he was right but every part of her did. Everything he said she would fall for. She had fallen for him and his words so fast she didn't know how to do anything else. Elsie thought about how she didn't care if he lied to her, it wouldn't even hurt. As long as he was still there that's all that mattered. 

He stood up and reached his hand out for her to take and the twos palms connected. He helped as she stood up meeting his gaze. His hand brushed her her hip then latching onto her waist pulling Elsie closer to him. He pulled her into a passionate kiss her surprise melting into his lips as she placed either arm on his shoulders her hands connecting at the back of his neck. She only ever needed him. This kiss deepened as her lips tingled from how hard he was kissing her. She pulled back gasping for air and looked up at him.

"I love you." She whispered to him. No. His face showed one of shock, he had told her he felt love towards her but never directly told her. She took a chance, one that she would regret, but a choice none the less. His hand went to grasp each side of her face as he smiled. 

"I love you too." He said to her. He didn't mean it but she couldn't tell, she thought he meant it. Her heart rate slowed as relief took over Elsie's body. She couldn't picture any other reality except one with him so she knew that she had to tell Lucy Gray. Not for Coriolanus. 

For her.