everything was okay.

warnings: mentions of killing/death

Elsie could hear the leaves crunching underneath her shoes, each time a twig broke she felt the familiar sensation of goosebumps rise on her arms, and the hair on the back of her neck stood as she watched the dirt path in front of her. One of her hands hung by her side the other kept her connected with Coriolanus. He squeezed her hand every so often to show is appreciation. He spoke and she listened. That was how it was. It had changed, she had changed. She had gone from nervously ranting to just listening. She resented the new her.

"I don't like who I am." She interrupted his sentence. Elsie spoke with confidence, she knew what she was saying and she knew she was only being truly genuine. He let out a 'hm' in response as he paused his movement, pulling her closer to him.

"Why?" He asked her softly, he was inquisitive and he wanted to see what she had been thinking, the confusion was shown on his face. The points of his mouth were slightly curved down as he moved his eyes slowly across her face. He knew why, he knew what she was feeling. 

"I would have never done this." She looked at him, "I would have never left Lucy Gray. She was-" She paused, the sense of an emotional choking filled her throat. She pushed it down and continued, "She was everything to me Coryo." She finished not letting the tears brimming her eyes seep out. She wouldn't let herself get emotional again.

"We change." He responded trying to comfort her, trying to comfort himself. He tried to bring his hand up to her face but she moved her head so he couldn't touch her. Elsie reached her arm up to stop his advances.

"Not that much." She spat out quietly. She was bitter.

"Elsie- we change. That's what you said." Coriolanus desperatly tried to find her eyes but she kept her head down.

"She was there. She was there when I lost my folks, she was there when I had nothing, she was there when I had breakdowns, she was there when I-" She paused, stopping herself. She was about to tell him. She almost let it slip. Elsie's breath hitched as her head shot up meeting Coryo's eyes in the process. He nodded wanting her to continue.

"Elsie." Coriolanus spoke, it almost sounded like a warning. He wanted her to finish what she started, he need her to. 

"She was there when I-" She looked at him. She felt her heart begin to pound relentlessly in her chest. Elsie's eyes begin to fill with the oh so familliar salty solution as she could feel her hand begin to shake. Would he view her differently? He had indirectly killed Sejanus because he needed to, she did it out of a pure pyschotic tendency. She had done it out of a rage that she couldn't seem to find her way out of. "I killed a girl Coriolanus." She let the words fall out of her mouth, it suddenly clamping down and going dry. 

Coriolanus' face twisted into one of confusion. He watched as a thick tear rolled down her face and fell onto the ground making no sound. 

"It wasn't an accident." She whispered clearing up his confusion, "I can't remember exactly what happened but it was a blur, I-" She began to let out slow sobs, her head was already beginning to pound.

"You're okay." He whispered, pulling her into his chest, letting his arms envelope her body. His intent was to make her feel safe and she could feel it in his breath patterns. His heart beat slow, as if to say he wasn't surprised. She was still letting out choked yet quiet sobs, covering a secluded part of his shirt in her tears. Coriolanus could feel the wetness on his skin, a hot wetness. Her sobs not only wracked her own body but echoed onto his. "It's okay." He said into her hair as one of his hands held the back of her head. 

Everything was going to be okay.

Authors note:

sorry for the short chapter, i just wanted to get one out to y'all and quick. hmm not my best but i'm trying to find the direction for this story. all i can say is buckle in because shit is about to go down. ha ha. as always,

anyways love ya!

sophie