chapter four

________

________

A sennight had passed since Dameon and Alicent's interaction where he soothed Helaena and put her to sleep. Currently, Viserys had suggested that Alicent, Rhaenys, Laena, and Rhaenyra start planning Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding. Now, the Velaryon's, Alicent and Aegon were present, however, Rhaenyra seemed to be missing and not present. Alicent brought Aegon with her, not wanting to leave him alone with the maids.

The moment that the mother and son duo walked into the room, Aegon's eyes lit up with excitement and happiness when he noticed the younger Velaryon.

"Lae!" Aegon screamed from Alicent's arms, moving around so he can go to the other woman. Alicent noticed his need and put him down on his feet causing him to run towards Laena and wrap his arms around her legs.

Rhaenys smiled as Laena laughed at the young boy's enthusiasm. "Seems like someone is excited to see me." Laena spoke as she grabbed Aegon and held him in her arms.

"Good morrow, princess." Alicent smiled at the elder Targaryen princess, before she glanced around the room, looking for Rhaenyra. "It seems that Rhaenyra must be late."

"It seems so, your grace." Rhaenys exclaimed with a roll of her eyes, wondering how careless the heir of the Iron Throne can be. She has yet to understand her responsibility and duty but she is the heir and daughter of the King so her actions will be overlooked.

Alicent sat down across the seat from Rhaenys. "I suppose we must start the preparations for the wedding without Rhaenyra. However, I'll have a maid let her know that her presence is wanted." Rhaenys agreed as Alicent instructed one of the maids to find Rhaenyra.

Alicent and Rhaenys settled and decided majority of the preparations for the wedding with occasional input from Laena and Aegon. However, the duo spent most of the time playing games with one another as Alicent kept her eye on them. It was decided that the wedding will take place in two moons as ravens will be immediately sent so other houses of the Realm can arrive one to two sennights before the wedding. The wedding was soon because the two Velaryon's' had to return to Driftmark to attend to their duties.

"Everything is settled. I'll let the king know everything that was decided." Alicent stated as the preparations were over. The only thing left was Rhaenyra's wedding dress which she had to be present to decide.

"It must so be hard to be such a young queen and mother." Rhaenys commented as she stared at Alicent's rigid form and torn nails on her fingers with dried blood.

Alicent gulped under the concentrated gaze of Rhaenys before she responded and gave a diplomatic answer, "Yes, being a queen is hard because of our duty to the smallfolk to ensure their needs are meet."

"It must also be hard performing your duty to the King." Rhaenys noted.

"I am grateful being the Queen which means that I must do my duty." Alicent remarked, tired of the scrutiny from the princess. Every little girl dream of being a queen, however, it is better left off as a dream. They don't understand the pressure you have, the duties you must complete to the realm and to the king for the satisfaction and pleasure.