chapter five

________

_______

"in which"

if you guys are dry this chapter, im not posting the next chapter (jk or am i)

________

MOMENTS AFTER Rhaenyra left the chambers, Alicent returned with Helaena resting her on her shoulder and her hand clutching her dress as she looked around with her innocent violet eyes.

Rhaenys noticed the young queen's return with her youngest daughter looking around with curious eyes. Her violet doe-eyes with her silver-gold hair, looking exactly like a Targaryen.

"Now, who is this little princess?" Rhaenys smiled, tickling Helaena's stomach as Alicent walked closer towards her. "She looks just a like Targaryen."

"It seems both of my children inherited the Targaryen looks." Alicent sighed. Her father would be proud of her for doing what he had expected of her. Even though her children looked like Targaryen, they had Hightower blood running through their veins.

Alicent came back to reality and away from her thoughts as she saw Helaena giggling at Rhaenys and held her finger, leaning towards the Targaryen princess. Rhaenys looked at Alicent for permission to hold the young child as she knew how a mother would feel with her child in other people's arms. Alicent smiled as she nodded at Rhaenys who then took Helaena into her arms.

Rhaenys grinned as she held Helaena and spoke, "It has been quite a long time since I have held a child." Rhaenys looked at Laena as she remembered her own children's childhood and them as young infants. "You never realise how fast they grow up."

Alicent laughed in agreement. "It was just yesterday that I was with child with Aegon in my stomach and now I am the mother of two young children." Although Alicent wished to say more, she chose to keep her mouth quiet. She couldn't tell Rhaenys how despite already having two children that Viserys wishes to have more only for him to neglect them.

Rhaenys really did pity Alicent. The girl got married by her fifteenth name day to man old enough to be her father and was give birth to Aegon before her sixteenth name-day. Now, she was close to her nineteenth name-day, and she already had two young children. And for that, she would forever be grateful for Alicent, and she prevent that fate from Laena's life.

"Helaena has been fed, however, Aegon is yet to have had his middle-of-the-day meal." Alicent sighed as feeding Aegon can be a bit of a challenge since he would rather do anything but be fed. He rather play with his toys, his sister or go in the garden. Anything and everything but eat his food.

Laena and Aegon walked back into the chambers and sat on the couch as Aegon leaned on Laena who had her arm wrapped around him to prevent him from falling. However, when Aegon noticed Helaena, his eyes lit up with excitement. He escaped from Laena's embrace and rush to Rhaenys and Helaena who sat opposite him.