chapter six

________

in which?"

in which?"

if you guys are dry this chapter, daemon and alicent will be pushed back  (jk or am i)
________

Everyone at the Red Keep was busy preparing for Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding. In about a moon-time, the liege lords from major houses, all around Westeros will be arriving in King's Landing soon to attend the Royal Wedding. It was considered the next big occasion since Alicent had been wedded to the King.

During the day, Alicent would be busy with the preparations and doing her duty as Queen, ensuring that everything was running smoothly. Whilst, she barely got any time with her children, only seeing them for their meals and at night in her chambers.

However, Alicent felt less lonely in the keep, finding comfort in the company of Laena, and Joanna, both her lady-in-waiting. Rhaenys presence was a nice addition as she gave a motherly feeling towards Alicent which the young queen found comfort and relaxation in as she looked up to the powerful and strong-minded Targaryen princess.

Although, Alicent barely got any sleep as Viserys would request her presence in his chambers at least once a week, if not more. Helaena's birth was a difficult yet decent birth. However, she had a lot of bleeding and needed to be stitched up. Now, whenever, Viserys beds her, Alicent feels discomfort, the pain had lessened but the coupling was not enjoyable for her as it was for the King.

The young queen didn't understand why Viserys wanted more children as he was only going to neglect them. However, Viserys' response was that there were less members of House Targaryen and it needed to be expanded. Alicent wasn't quite ready for a child just yet, so her lady, Joanna Lannister, sneaks her moon tea, the next morning after she had laid with Viserys, for which the Hightower Queen was grateful for.

Her children, Aegon and Helaena were happy as of lately. Alicent would notice how Daemon would interact with them every now and then which left their spirits and disappeared their sadness. He would also flirt with her and teased her all the time, trying to get her all riled up, which he seemed to love. The way her lips pursed into a straight line, her nails digging into the palm of her hand as she clenched her fist, and the way her cheek reddened.

________

Alicent had retired to her chambers after quite a long day in the Keep, and she was about to go to sleep, hoping to avoid the King's request for her presence if she was sleeping. She had asked Joanna to bring her children into her chambers. The doors of her chamber opened once again, and she was surprised to find another tall figure with Joanna. Her irritation grew when she saw it was.

Daemon walked inside the chambers with Helaena in his arms who rested her head in the crock of his neck, as he spoke with a wide smirk on his face at the entrance of her chambers. "Sorry for the intrusion, my queen, however, I couldn't help but help the maids when my sweet niece was crying."