Part 3

"Please, take a seat Mr. Omer. Would you like anything to drink before we get started on the transfer paperwork?" Kivilcim said as she had a hard time keeping eye contact with him.

"Water would be great."

"Ok." Kivilcim got up and poured Omer a glass of water from her mini drink stand in her office. She could feel him staring at her from behind.

Where did he come from after all these years, she thought. She tried not to show her true emotions or how her hands were trembling from being nervous, but she couldn't get over the way he had transformed after 8 years.

From the young adult he was, he turned into a man. A tall, charismatic and handsome man with sharp features. He smiled so confidently with the sort of eye contact that makes you feel weak in your knees. His navy suit had accentuated every curve and muscle of his body. The butterflies from 8 years ago that she felt had suddenly reappeared.

As she passed the drink to Omer, their hands touched for a moment. Both Omer and Kivilcim felt the connection reignite just like when they were together 8 years ago. The night that changed both of their lives forever

"We will get started now. I have already prepared the paperwork for you beforehand. What is your son's name?"

Omer couldn't take his eyes off her. His eyes slowly searched her eyes and lips as she was speaking.

"Omer bey?" Kivilcim said again. "Your son's name?"

Omer cleared his throat and and straightened himself in his seat. "His name is Metehan."

"How old is he?"

"He is 6 years old."

"Alright, all that is needed is your signatures and I will forward this to the admissions office for processing."

Omer began to sign the highlighted areas when his eye caught a family photo of Kivilcim and two little girls on the desk behind her.

"Are you married?"

"Excuse me?"

"The photo behind you. I was just curious. Are they your children?"

Kivilcim uncomfortably straightened herself in her office chair after turning to see what he was referring to. "No, I am divorced. Those two are my little girls, Cimen and Doga." Kivilcim said smiling.

"You have a beautiful family. How old are they?"

"Thank you, Omer bey. Doga is 8 and Cimen is 6 like your son. They will be in the same grade it seems." Kivilcim said nervously.

"Oh, they both go here? That's really nice. I'm sure our children will get along just fine."

"Aand the last signature. Here you go."

"Great. Thank you, Omer Bey." Kivilcim walked over to Omer to shake his hands. He stood up as well. "I look forward to working with you and if you have any questions."

Kivilcim and Omer both shook hands. Omer having a tighter grip on her than Kivilcim. They both didn't want to let go, and the gesture was taking place longer than one could expect.

"You haven't changed a bit" Omer said still mesmerized by the sight of her. The room was silent. "And you became a successful educator like you said you would 8 years ago. I congratulate you."

Kivilcim couldn't find the words. Instead, she felt a lump in her throat as as she felt the burning sexual tension in the room. "Mr. Omer."

"I didn't forget. I couldn't forget you. I remember everything about you. Only, I didn't know your name. Kivilcim. Kivilcim Arslan." Omer stepped a little closer to Kivilcim. "You're even more beautiful--"

Their brief moment was interrupted when a teacher walked into the office with two little girls giggle.

Kivilcim stepped back and hugged her girls. "Mom, look what I made in class today! Do you like it?" Doga said.

"No Mom, look at my finger painting. Look" Cimen cried.

"Girls, quiet down. Be polite and say hello to Mr. Omer."

"Hello Sir" both Doga and Cimen said.

'Hello girls, it's nice to meet you." Omer said smiling at Kivilcim's daughters.

"If you'll excuse us Mr. Omer, we will be heading out."

"Of course. I will see you tomorrow."

"Oh. You will be here tomorrow?"

"Yes, you sound surprised. Is there a problem?"

"No. No problem. I am just surprised. It's just Mr. Aydin wasn't one to make frequent visits. After all, this isn't one of your hotels. It's a school."

"Yes, that is true. However, I like to keep an eye on the things I care about... So I will come to visit often. My assistant will arrange a meeting with you tomorrow during lunch. I look forward to seeing you then" Omer said, smiling

_____________

Kivilcim finished putting the clean dishes away after dinner when she called Fatma. "Fatma, I urgently need to speak to you!"

"Kivilcim, is everything okay? I will come up now."

"No. I don't want my Mom to hear. I will tuck the girls in and come to you soon."

"Okay, I will be waiting for you my dear.

Kivilcim entered Fatma's house and sat down on her couch, tapping her feet rapidly.

"Is everything alright. You look like you have seen a ghost."

"A ghost would've been better, Fatma. I saw him."

"Who Kivilcim, I am not following you. Say it clearly."

"Him. The boy from the college party 8 years ago. Well, he is no longer a boy, of course. His name is Omer Unal. He is a 6 foot tall, sinewy business man." Kivilcim said, thinking about his toned build. She took a deep breath thinking about it.

"No way. Just like that? You saw him where, at a cafe? The gym?"

"No, you know how I told you the school is transferring ownership? Well, his family now owns it. I don't understand what a family like his would be doing with a school. They have dozens of hotels. What business does he have with my school? And now... he is the father of one of my new students. I was so shocked when I saw him, Fatma. You don't understand. And on top of that, he shamelessly shows me the earring I lost that night"

"There's no way. I understand why you're freaking out right now... That means you will be seeing him often. You know, maybe it is fate that you met after all these years. You both have a connection."

"Fatma, I came here so you could calm me down. Instead, you're making me angry and nervous now. I don't want to think about the past, I went through a lot alone."

"Maybe you don't have to anymore. Every woman deserves to be loved. You've been divorced from Kayhan since Cimen turned one. Are you waiting for him"

"No, of course not! After everything he did, never." Kivilcim said as she rolled her eyes.

"He was a trashy dad and husband. You said this man was sweet and handsome back then, maybe give him a chance."

"Fatma, where did this come from all of a sudden. We had sex once. We were young. He's probably a married man now and I don't need a relationship. I am fine the way everything is. You know what he did too? It makes me so angry. He even almost tried to kiss me. He tells me that I haven't changed. That he couldn't forget me after all these years and I am beautiful? We don't even know each other." Kivilcim said rolling her eyes and puffing..

"What?! So he's still attracted to you. I can sense the sexual tension. Look Kivilcim, maybe try and see where it goes. You were young then, but you're both adults now. Don't you want to be happy with someone by your side supporting you through everything?"

"This is ridiculous what we are talking about, FATMA. He is my boss and I am the school principle. Of course he is in a higher position, he is trying to take advantage of me. He thinks since he is MY BOSS, he can do whatever he wants. NEVER. He doesn't know me yet, I will show him. We are apparently having lunch tomorrow too, I will tell him to keep this professional or I am leaving." Kivilcim said quickly as she angrily rubbed her hands together.