Part 2

The next day...

"She was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She was smart, gentle, caring, sweet, and not afraid to ask questions. Her laugh was adorable. And her smile, Can. It instantly made me fall in love with her. When I first saw her I knew she was the one, Can."

"Take a look in the mirror bro, what have you done with the Omer I know. Or are you Bekir?" Can said grabbing Omer's cheeks, taking a good look at him from side to side.

"Don't joke, Can. You should have seen her." Omer swatted Can's hands.

"Well, what was her name? Don't tell me. Call her."

Omer took a deep sigh and covered his face with his palms. He felt defeated. "I don't know, Can. We just talked and danced, I didn't get a chance to ask."

"Omer, are you serious? How could you not ask for the girl's name or number?"

"Can, everything happened so quickly. When I was with her, time flew by so fast. When we were finally so close and had a moment, she freaked out and the waiter spilled drinks on her. I helped her get cleaned up and then we... well, we had sex."

"Ok, ok. You spoke to her, danced with her AND SLEPT WITH HER!? BUT YOU COULDN'T ASK for her number. Omer. Are you stupid? Do you remember anything else about her?"

Omer thought hard and clapped his hands, standing up from the couch. "Yes. Yes, her friend's name was Fatma. They live in the same building."

"Do you know where? Maybe we can go there. Or what university does she go to?"

"She didn't say where, but she wants to be a teacher. She is graduating this semester."

"So we are back to square one. Do you know how many Fatmas there are in just Istanbul. Thousands, Omer."

Omer reached into his pockets twirling a golden diamond spark earring in his hands. "This is the only thing I have of hers. I need to find her, I won't stop."

"Come on, we're gonna be late to school. We better go." Can said huffing. 

Omer delicately put the earring back in his pocket and grabbed his back pack to go to school.

_______

8 years later

Abdullah, Omer's older brother, took a seat in front of Omer in the conference room of Unal holding.

"First on the list. The resort. Where are we there?"

"So, in regards to the resort, I believe we are right on track to open in the summer.  The remodeling is 98% complete. Tourist traffic will be at an all time high this year and with proper advertisement, we project to be sold out all season." Omer said while twirling the golden ring he kept all these years. He never gave up looking for Kivilcim and he saw the golden earring as a good luck charm.

"That sounds great. Dad will be happy to hear that. It will be good for him to hear some positive news, as he hasn't been feeling so great the past couple of weeks."

"I agree. The hotel by the stadium is doing well. It was a really great idea to expand there." Omer said 

"What about the the school Aydin Bey is trying to sell? You wanted that deal. Did you finalize the signatures. Our inspector said everything checks out. You should go inspect everything in person after finalizing the signatures. Meet the faculty to make our changes clear and ensure everything will go smoothly."

"Yes, I spoke to Aydin Bey. His assistant brought the papers this morning. I will deliver it to him this afternoon and meet with the principle."

"Is he a good worker? Or do we have to hire someone more qualified."

"She. She seems a bit acerbic when communicating in email, but she is ultimately a successful leader. The institution has received many awards under her command and she has created many programs as well as raising funds to assist local communities."

"Great. That sounds great. You sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"No, it's okay. I'll go myself. Metehan will be transferred there as it is closer to my house, so I will be doing the paperwork as well. If there is anything else, let me know brother."

"Ok, I will see you later"

Omer stepped out of his car and made his way into the school where Aydin Bey was waiting for him. 

"Good Afternoon Aydin Bey"

"Good Afternoon, Omer bey. It's good to see you." They both shook hands and entered an empty conference room.

"it has been a pleasure working with you the past few weeks. The deal is almost done and you won't have to deal with me anymore!" Aydin Bey said.

"No, what are you saying! It will be a new page for the both of us. I have the papers here. You sign them and we are set."

"Aand here we go. All signed. The school is all yours. Now, this place has really fulfilled me. You do great things here; however, you see all these white hairs. It is all thanks to this school" Aydin bey joked.

"You couldn't have told me that before you signed, Aydin Bey" The men laughed.

"Let me call the principle before the end of the school day."

Aydin bey pressed the monitor which alerted Elif, his assistant.

"Yes, Aydin Bey. How can I help you?" Elif said when she walked into the room.

"Yes, Elif. Can you please call Ms. Kivilcim Arslan. I'd like to introduce Omer Bey from Unal Holding who will be the new owner of the school."

"Yes, of course. I will call her right now."

Elif knocked on Kivilcim's office door.

"Yes, come in."

"Good Afternoon, Ms. Kivilcim. Aydin Bey has requested you into the conference room. The new owner has arrived and he would like to introduce you."

"At this time." Kivilcim said looking at her watch. "I was just about to leave. Ok, I am on my way."

Kivilcim walked across the hallway wearing a black satin blouse, heels, and leather skirt with a slit on the side, exposing just the right amount of skin. Her blouse wasn't buttoned all the way up. She had her long, brunette hair down in curls with natural make up on. 

She knocked on the door. "Come in"

Kivilcim walked into the room making eye contact with Aydin Bey. "Good Afternoon, Aydin Bey."

"Hello, Ms. Kivilcim, this is Omer bey. He will be the new owner of the school and will now oversee all business matters relating to the school."

Kivilcim and Omer have now made eye contact at this moment. The familiar face almost knocked the breath out of her. She cleared her throat and extended her hand to shake Omer's.

"Omer bey. Welcome. My name is Kivilcim Arslan."

Omer couldn't seem to form any words. He stared at her with wide eyes. She was here. Right in front of him. After all those years of trying to find her, she stood right in front of him. His face turned pale from the shock. 

"Omer bey, are you okay?"

Omer cleared his throat and stood up, shaking Kivilcim's hands. Her hands felt so soft and delicate just like he remembered. "Hi. Hello, my name is Omer Unal. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." Kivilcim said in a soft, yet nervous tone."

They all took their seats and Aydin Bey ordered everyone turkish coffee. 

"Ms. Kivilcim, the sale has been final and I am sure I can count on you to make the process move smoothly."

"Yes, of course Aydin bey." Kivilcim said trying to avoid eye contact with Omer who hasn't been able to take his eyes off her.

"In addition, Omer bey mentioned his son will be transferring here." 

Kivilcim turned to look at Omer. "Is that so?" Kivilcim became nervous. Not only was he becoming the new owner of the school she is working at, but she will also be his child's principle.

When she looked down at his hands, she noticed something he was nervously twirling in his hands. She gulped. It was the gold earrings she had worn 8 years ago.