Part 1

It was a cold and dark winter night. The type of cold that would pierce through every inch of exposed skin and instantly form goosebumps all over your body.

It was Kivilcim's last semester before graduating university. Her classmates had a bonfire gathering with friends and students from other schools attending.

After spending the last few years of school studying hard and avoiding the nightlife to focus on her studies, Kivilcim decided to go out to her first party and probably the last one before graduating with her best friend Fatma.

"Kivilcim, you can't go out wearing that! At least try, my friend. You will drive away anyone interested with that outfit."

"What's wrong with what I am wearing? It's just a hoodie and jeans. It's cold outside, Fatma!"

"No one wears a hoodie to a party the whole school is going to. I am sure there are heaters everywhere. You need to look sexy! It's your first party and there will be a lot of cute guys there! Maybe you'll meet "the one"!"

"Fatma... I have no expectations and I won't be meeting anyone there. We'll just go hang out for awhile and leave."

"Here, wear this top. Black is sexy and there's a nice cut in the front. It'll do."

"Ugh, fine! I'll only wear it so I don't have to hear your lecture later."

"I know you love me! I love you too"

Kivilcim and Fatma made their way into the party. It was certainly packed and loud music could be heard from inside and outside of the home. There was a large heated pool outside and a blazing bonfire not very far from the party.

"Woahh, whose house is this and did you hear about this party?"

"A friends friend told me about it but whoever it is, they must come from old money. This place is huge." Fatma said "Let's go get some drinks"

"Ok"

Kivilcim and Fatma grabbed a cocktail from the bar and hung out by the pool. Steam was rising from the surface and evaporating into the air. Standing next to it felt good as the air was chilly.

"Kivilcim, don't make immediate eye contact. But that tall guy over there in the black coat is checking you out."

Kivilcim turned her head to find the guy she was referring to and they made eye contact. She was immediately impressed and noticed him smiling at her.

"He's... cute."

"Kivilcim, when someone says don't look, you immediately look and make it obvious."

"But what did I say? I am not here to meet anyone. I have final exams coming up and then I need to get my dream job after I graduate. I don't have time for a man"

"Oh my god, oh my god... kivilcim, don't freak out, but he's coming over here"

"What? Why?" Kivilcim said, with her back turned to him. She tried not to freak out as she heard footsteps approaching them.

Kivilcim took a large sip of her cocktail, trying to distract herself.

"Hello, ladies." Omer said.

"Hi" Fatma said smiling.

"Hello" Kivilcim said in a neutral tone.

"Can I get you both anything to drink?" Omer said, his eyes fixed on Kivilcim.

"Umm sure, since you're asking. Can I get a Shirley temple?" Fatma said. Kivilcim elbowed Fatma.

"And for you?" Omer couldn't keep his eyes off Kivilcim and she noticed.