Part 12

Omer paused mid-step when he heard the doorbell rang. Maybe Kivilcim forgot something, he thought.

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Omer opened the door, his expression guarded. "Kayhan?"

Kayhan offered a casual smile. "Hey, Omer. Hope I'm not catching you at a bad time."

Omer's grip tightened imperceptibly on the doorknob, his jaw clenched as he fought to keep his composure. "What are you doing here? What do you want?"

Kayhan's gaze flickering briefly past Omer into the dimly lit foyer. "I, uh, just wanted to talk. Can I come in?"

Omer hesitated, trying to understand Kayhan's sudden appearance. After a tense moment, he stepped aside, allowing Kayhan to enter with a wary glance.

As Kayhan crossed the threshold into their home, Omer couldn't shake the feeling that his presence was an omen of trouble to come. But for now, all he could do was brace himself for whatever conversation lay ahead.

Omer: "Cut to the chase, I have a busy day ahead, Kayhan. What are you doing here?"

Kayhan: "To talk."

"You already said that... so talk. Continue. I am listening. But, if you're here to warn me about leaving Kivilcim, you can leave right now. You two are divoced. Know your place because I am not leaving her.

Kayhan: I met Kivilcim after we both graduated. I ran into her at a bar when she was with her friend, thought she was great...

"Look, Kayhan, I don't have time for your stories and games and frankly I don't care about how you both met," Omer retorted, his patience wearing thin as he stared down his unexpected visitor. "If this is about Kivilcim, then you're wasting your breath. I trust her."

Kayhan's smirk twisted into a sneer, his gaze icy as he met Omer's defiant stare. "Oh, I think you'll want to hear what I have to say. It seems your beloved Kivilcim has been keeping some secrets from you."

Omer's looked at him confused. "What are you talking about?"

Kayhan: Doga. And Cimen

Omer: Yes, your daughters. Are you going to tell me the story of their conception too?

Kayhan laughed. "haha so she hasn't told you otherwise why would you stay with her.... I figured. Daughter. Just one. Cimen is my only daughter. God knows who is Doga's father. I found out after we found out Kivilcim was pregnant with Cimen. I'm telling you this to save you from her and her lies. She will only ruin your life.

Omer was only shocked. His thoughts began to consume him. What did all of this mean. Why would she withhold information that Doga has a different dad than Cimen.

Omer's mind reeled as he struggled to process the magnitude of Kayhan's accusations. And as he thought of the woman he had trusted with his very heart and soul, he couldn't help but wonder... who was the real Kivilcim, and what other secrets lay hidden beneath her carefully facade?

As he tried to make sense of it all, conflicting emotions surged within him. Anger, confusion, and a profound sense of loss intertwined, leaving him confused about his feelings.

He looked at Kayhan, searching for any hint of deceit in his eyes, but all he saw was defeat. Could he trust Kayhan's words? Or was this merely a ploy to cause doubt and break them apart?

"Ok, Kayhan. You can leave."

A perplexed expression crossed Kayhan's features. "Leave?" he echoed, his brow furrowing in confusion. "But I have more to discuss."

"I said leave. I have work to do." Omer ordered.

Without another word, Kayhan turned and left, the weight of his unspoken concerns lingering in the air like a heavy fog. As the door closed behind him, Omer let out a long sigh, the weight of the world pressing down on his shoulders.