Part 9

Not my favorite chapter, but had to get this out there since a lot of time has passed from the last update. I will try to post another chapter this week. Hope you all enjoy 😊

Kivilcim walks into her home, tossing her bag onto the couch with a tired sigh. Her daughters take off their shoes and run into the shower to clean the day's dirt away. Their mother warned they couldn't have ice cream after dinner if they misbehaved. Kivilcim's mother, Sonmez, is in the kitchen preparing dinner with Fatma, while her sister, Alev, is sitting at the dining table, engrossed in a book.

Kivilcim: (calling out) I'm home!

Sonmez: (smiling) Welcome home, dear. How was your day at work?

Kivilcim: Long and exhausting, as usual. I am so hungry, Mom. Thank you for starting dinner. 

Kivilcim goes up to hug her mom, thankful for the women in her life that support her as a single mom. 

"Kivilcim, let go. You know I don't like hugs." 

"Mom!" Kivilcim rolled her eyes and approached Fatma, who turns to hug Kivilcim, smiling at her. 

"Try this sauce, love. It is to die for." Fatma takes the spoon and feeds Kivilcim a spoonful of sauce. 

Kivilcim's eyes rolled to the back of her head. "Mmm Fatma. That's delicious. Health to your hands."

Kivilcim stopped in her tracks when she saw Alev on the couch. "I never thought I would see the day, Alev."

Alev: Hello to you too, sister.

Kivilcim: Since when do you read?

Alev: What do you mean, I always read!

Kivilcim: That's a.... thriller? That's unexpected. You're more into romance novels, if anything.

Alev: Yeah, well, I thought I'd try something different for a change.

Kivilcim: Is that so? Or could it be because of... someone you recently met?

Alev: (blushing) What? No, I mean... maybe.

Kivilcim squinted her eyes and became interested: Come on, tell me. Who's the lucky guy?

Alev: (hesitantly) His name's Can. He's cute and sweet. I had time to kill before meeting with my client and we met at the bookstore last week, and he mentioned he's a big fan of thrillers. So, I thought I'd give them a try too.

Kivilcim: (grinning) Ah, so you're trying to impress him with your reading choices.

Alev: Maybe just a little, but I am so bored Kivilcim. This is not my thing.

Alev threw the book on the couch

Look, you were once a teacher. You can finish a book in hours. Can you please just read this and tell me what happens? I am so bored already.

Kivilcim: No way, Alev. No way. I will not get involved in this matter.  I hope it works out for you, but remember, don't lose yourself in trying to impress someone else. The right person will like you for who you are. You don't have to change yourself for a man.

Alev: Oof. Ok, Kivilcim.

Kivilcim: Anytime, sister. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go help the girls with the bath before dinner. If I don't, they'll make a big muddy mess. 

___________________

One week later. Lunch time.

Kivilcim walked into the employee lounge when she noticed Omer on the phone getting ready to sit down with his lunch. They both nodded at each other, acknowledging each other's presence. Lately, they have only seen each other at their children's soccer practice, so she was honestly surprised to see Omer at the lounge. She had never seen the previous owner of the school this much. While Kivilim approached the fridge to grab her lunch, she noticed it wasn't there.