Chapter 2: On The Run

Wanda gently opened her eyes inside of a cabin.

"She's opening her eyes!" said one of the kitsunes.

Wanda saw two kitsunes, a male and a female.

"AH!" screamed Wanda, getting up. "WHO ARE YOU?"

"Calm down! We won't hurt you," said the male kitsune as Wanda sat down and breathed heavily. "I'm Fury, and this is my wife, Lyra."

"We found you lying on the snow and wanted to help you," said Lyra. She touched Wanda's paw and yanked her paw back. "You're freezing!"

"I know. I didn't come with a coat. The name's Wanda, by the way," whimpered Wanda, putting her paw on her stomach. "Thanks for helping me. My unborn child and I could've died out there, and I'm only 19, so this is a lot for me."

Fury got up to make some tea as Lyra looked at Wanda worriedly.

"What's a young and pregnant Weredonian doing in a harsh winter in Kitsunia?" asked Lyra worriedly.

"Fleshians attacked Weredonia in search of our crystal. I have the crystal and must keep them from it, but a Fleshian bounty hunter is after me. I'm sure he's coming here in search of me now, so I have to go," explained Wanda. She put her paw on her stomach. "And that same bounty hunter killed my boyfriend! He's tall and huge and has long black and white hair. He also wears a large black tailored coat with enormous black boots."

Fury finished the tea and gave it to Wanda.

"Have this. It'll be good for you and your puppy," said Fury as Wanda drank the tea.

"Is there a ship base around here? The ship I used got destroyed," said Wanda.

"Yes. It's in the forest nearby," said Lyra. She gave Wanda a thick coat and keys. "You can use our hoverbike to get there."

"Thank you so much!" chuckled Wanda, putting the coat on. She found the hoverbike and drove off. "The forest. Right."

Frank landed and saw Wanda's crashed ship. He put a coat on and jumped out. Frank saw Wanda's pawprints on the ground and followed them, then Lyra and Fury's pawprints.

"Kitsune pawprints. They probably helped the werewolf," said Frank, following the tracks with his hover motorcycle. He saw the cabin, got his blade out, and knocked on the door.

Fury opened the door and saw Frank.

"A flesh golem? Why are you h-URN!" Frank stabbed Fury in the stomach, cutting him off. Fury looked at Frank's face and saw his hair. "You're the bounty hunter Wanda described."

"Where's the Weredonian girl?" growled Frank, taking his blade out of Fury and pushing him to the floor. "WHERE IS SHE? WHERE IS WANDA WODEN?"

"We won't tell you!" growled Lyra. Frank grabbed Lyra and Fury. "AHHH!"

Frank tied Lyra and Fury together.

"Now tell me, where's Wanda Woden?" asked Frank as he put his blade against Fury's neck. "TELL ME!"

"She went to the ship base in the forest!" cried Fury as Frank put his blade back in his belt. "Can you let us go?"

Frank smiled evilly and lit a match as Lyra and Fury screamed. He threw it on the floor and ran out as the cabin lit fire. Frank got back on his hover motorcycle and followed the tracks of the hoverbike Wanda used.

Wanda rode in the forest and saw the ship base ahead.

"There it is!" said Wanda. A laser suddenly swept by Wanda. She looked behind her and saw Frank shooting at her. "AH!"