Chapter 5

Juan pushed the wheelchair that Noah was using into the classroom. Noah's presence brought the lesson to a halt. Juan helped explain to the history teacher, who looked to be over fifty years old.

The old woman asked Noah to sit in his place.

Noah prevented Juan from pushing his wheelchair. "Just come back to Ethan. I'm ok. I can do it myself. Thank you."

Juan looked at Noah, who headed to the back of the classroom and pulled a chair from a table so he could make room for his wheelchair. All the kids looked at him questioningly.

Juan then said goodbye to the old lady and quickly left the classroom.

While the teacher continued to explain the lesson, which made the whole class sleepy again, some children were seen staring at Noah with sharp looks.

The one next to Noah whispered, "What happened to you? I've sent a lot of messages to you about the presentation! Didn't you see it?!"

Noah panicked. He didn't have his cell phone with him!

"Sorry, Frank, I had an accident yesterday." Noah was worried because he hadn't had time to fix his assignment.

After a few minutes, the old lady finally came out. It was time to change the lesson.

The kids in Noah's group immediately surrounded the young man. They were both worried and annoyed.

"Because you didn't reply to my message, I made some improvements for you. What you need to do is read it well. Try to understand it," said Veronica, a petite girl with glasses who looked calm. She placed a document on Noah's desk.

Noah breathed a sigh of relief. "It's ok, I really messed up. I appreciate your help. I will read it first."

"What happened to you?" Greg looked down at Noah's legs, which were bulging under his pants.

"I-I had an accident," Noah lied.

His face flushed, realizing Greg was looking at him so intensely. The strapping young man with blue eyes and a sweet smile had Noah smitten.

Greg stared in disbelief. Several times, he saw Noah injured in the morning, even though the day before, he was fine.

"Are you really ok?" asked Greg. One of the things that made Noah like him. Because of his kindness and also very caring. Something he really needed and wanted.

"Yeah, it's ok. Just a little bruised. It will go away in a day."

"I don't think so." Greg was about to touch Noah's leg when all the kids rushed back to their tables. He quickly stopped his hand and returned to his desk.

Miss Nora entered the classroom. The young teacher was one of the most feared teachers. Because several times, she failed children for not meeting her assessment standards. She was notorious for being a heartless teacher.

And Noah had gotten two red points. One more red point, and he would have to repeat the class in the next year.

Noah didn't dare think about it. He couldn't last a day at Ethan's house. Every day, his only wish was to get as far away from there as possible.

The only way he could get Ethan to let him go was by going to school and going to a college far away from his current town. And in order to be independent, he must be able to get a scholarship.

Today's presentation went well. Noah breathed a sigh of relief.

He just felt his body heat up. His blood seemed to be boiling.

When break time came, he wheeled his wheelchair to the bathroom. The cold water would definitely help him relieve the heat in his body.

He splashed his head with the tap water.