Chapter 12

"Where is Ethan?" The first question Noah asked.

"He's meeting someone right now." Gary stood on the edge of the bed and noticed the tension in Noah's voice.

"You mean he's home?" Noah looked at the wall clock and it showed 3 pm. He sat up quickly and then realized his current state. He was still naked under the thin covers.

Noah couldn't concentrate on Gary's answer because he was thinking about how Ethan didn't like strangers coming to his house. The few times his friends had wanted to visit him, every time he had mentioned it to Ethan, the man had clearly said no.

But his friends were here now. And he was naked!

"Boss is still out. But will be home soon, I think," Gary said. "Why, just come out. They are waiting for you."

Noah looked at Gary intently. "Seriously? I'm naked!"

Gary looked at Noah and seemed to think. "Well, there's nothing I can do about that."

"Can I have some clothes?" asked Noah. A stupid question just to get some clothes. He had plenty of clothes, but this wasn't the case. Ethan had told him to get naked and the man hadn't given him any clothes yet. If he dared to wear clothes now and meet his friends, who knew what Ethan would say? Based on past experience, Noah couldn't imagine it.

And Gary was the same. The man didn't take any risk.

"I can't tell you without the boss's permission. Do you want me to call him?" Gary asked.

"He's not home?"

"No, he met someone outside."

Noah immediately breathed a sigh of relief and then looked at Gary expectantly. "Can you please not tell Ethan about this?"

"About what?" asked Gary seriously.

"About my friends, and please let me use my clothes."

Gary refused immediately. "Forget it, I will not help you. Either you meet them or I have to tell them to leave.

Noah groaned. Although he tried to convince Gary again and again, the man stood his ground. He was confused, there was no way he was going to meet them with his condition.

At that moment the door opened. Noah was stunned, he quickly lay back down and covered his body with the blanket. Whether it was Ethan or someone else, he didn't want to take any chances.

Merry entered the room with a big smile, especially when she saw Gary inside, her smile became even more beautiful. Behind her, several teens with uniform appeared and the room immediately became noisy.

"Noah!" they shouted.

Noah panicked as he saw some of his classmates enter the room. He pulled the blanket even tighter around his body.

"I brought them here, they want to meet you, Noah," Merry said, beaming, proud of what she'd done.

Gary scratched his head. He looked at Noah, who was deathly pale. Then he looked at Noah's five enthusiastic friends standing in the middle of the room.

"I'm going to leave you all. Please be careful, he is in pain," Gary said to them. Then he continued, "And please don't let him get out of bed."

"Sure! We will be careful!" Veronica, the only girl there, said thoughtfully.

Noah was a little relieved and Gary helped him a little. At least he could stay on the bed.

Greg came over immediately and observed Noah's face, which was completely pale at the moment. "What happened?"