A completely normal shift

Tommy walks down the street towards the cafe. He had work today, closing shift like always. He looked forward to his work.

Making coffees and teas came surprisingly easy to him. Today Niki would also be joining him.

He enjoyed working with his boss around. She was kind, and just other all very fun to hang out with.

As he opened the door to the cafe Niki greeted him. He quickly walked over and stood behind the counter.

"Hey Tommy! Ready to start your shift?" Niki was always a bright and bubbly person, he couldn't even imagine her mad.

"Of course! Let me get my apron on!" Tommy's apron was a dark olive green with clouds outlined in white. It paired well with the white and red shirt he wore.

As he walked into the back he grabbed his apron he noticed a drip of blood on the floor.

"Hey Niki?" He yelled from the room.

"Can you come in here for a sec?" He paused waiting for an answer

"Ya! Be right there," Niki opened the door and looked to Tommy who was now cleaning the spot with some cleaner.

"Sorry to be a bother, but what was this blood from." Tommy looked up at her from the ground and stud up to meet her eyes.
She hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Oh I got my hand when I was slicing bread. Nothing to worry about. Sorry that I missed that." And then she walked back to the counter.

Tommy walked back out after putting away the supplies and took his place by the coffee machines waiting for an order to be placed.

Not many people came in that afternoon. Tommy ended up making about 6 coffees, each a little different.

Tommy snacked on a muffin as that day was coming to a close. Niki and him were closing up shop. Tommy walked to the back and started washing some dishes while Niki cleaned the tables.

He heard a little bell, signaling to him that a customer had entered. He brushed it off, knowing Niki could handle this herself.

He heard light talking continue as he was finishing up. He hung up his apron and checked the time, five minutes after closing time.

Niki was still speaking with that person up front which was peculiar.

Tommy wanted to know who she was speaking to. A little ease dropping wouldn't hurt right?

He extended his hearing and listened in to there conversation.

"Really? You guys killed a kid?" Niki sounded weird as she said that. Like, it didn't have enough emotion for the weight of those words.

"He knew to much! And he wasn't just some random kid either. He was weird. Brought us gifts from my mom, weird powers. He was a threat!" Oh that was Sirens voice. Conversing with Niki as a friend? Now that was interesting.

"Can you at least tell me who it was?" Niki questioned

Siren hesitated before speaking a little bit quieter, "Umm you know your new employee, Tommy?"

Niki looked at him like he was stupid.

"T-that guy..?" Wilbur cringed at the words.

"Oh so we're lieing now.  I get it."

"But I'm not lieing?! Why would I lie about that. You clearly had to take a shift because he's missing, I don't see him here."

Tommy took that as a cue to walk out.

"Nice to see you again Wilbur," Tommy chimed in.

Wilbur didn't respond. He looked at Tommy with wide eyes and terror, or horror, or both, the only emotion on his face.

"B-b-but y-you."  Wilbur stuttered

"Died? Got killed?" Tommy finished for him.

Wilbur regained some composure but still looked horror stirken.

"Hold up, someone fill me in right now." Niki demanded.

"How did you do that?" Wilbur demanded

"Do what?" Tommy shot back

"Wait... this was the kid?!" Niki looked at Wilbur with concern

"I mean, ya... Can I have my usual Niki?"

Tommy moved to the back and made an earl gray tea. It didn't take long, so he didn't miss much.

"Here ya go." Tommy offered out the cup

"Thanks I guess." Wilbur replied not meeting, "Sorry about putting an axe through your chest? I guess..."

"No hard feelings man. I think it's time for me to go by the way, shifts over. Feel free to contact me though bitch boy." Tommy shot wilbur a shit eating grin and went to leave but Niki stopped him.

"Now hold on just a second, did you actually die?"

"Niki that's a dumb question, of course not! How would I be standing here if I did."

Then Tommy saw a green hoodie outside the window. He looked just over Wilbur shoulder and the one and only Dream stud there.

Tommy gave a polite wave as Dream walked into the cafe.

"You!" Dream said pointing at Tommy.

"What?" Tommy asked innocently

"You are collaborating with villains!" Dream shouted. Niki and Wilbur looked uncomfortable, Wilbur moved behind the counter with Niki and himself.

"Dude. What the fuck are you talking about." Tommy deadpanned

Dream stuttered at that but kept going, "I have proof you can't deny it! I have video of you going with the SBI!"

Tommy didn't want to deal with this. So he figured, why not solve the problem.

"I think you should leave Dream. Right now. Leave and don't come back." Tommy spoke, a firm tone was on his voice that he almost didn't know he could pull off.

Dream instantly froze, turned and walked out.

"Dude what the hell is that?" Niki questioned

"I don't know, I'm just built different." He said cheerfully as he left the cafe himself heading for his apartment.

— This was kinda a bad chapter but whatever, I might rewrite this later, kinda filler but you know.
Love you guys! If you could favorite that would really help!—