THIRTEEN

(Don't forget to check the chapter's aesthetic at the end.)

You may proceed now,
Read & feel!

🦥🦥

Ranbir Khanna is a story for another time

Ranbir Khanna is a story for another time. I won't be ruining my mood again because of that bastard. With this, I held the door knob tightly thinking twice before moving out.

I'm a big foodie and right now I'm damn hungry so staying in the room won't help.

Before I could open the door, I heard a heavy, loud knock on the door.

It's Dad. He's knocking.

What kind of brown girl will I be if I don't know which family member is coming from 10 feet afar?

It's been 19 years and ofcourse I know every single thing about them just like they know about me.

The sound of each one's footsteps, their knock on the door, even how they open and close the lift door is set in my mind way too clearly.

I don't give an answer so soon..and heard another knock but this time, along with dad's heavy voice. "Avantika, bacha chalo breakfast karne." He sounded upset.

I opened the door but didn't looked at him.

Obviously I was angry, who wouldn't be?

I went downstairs and Aaira greeted me with a small smile while mom was looking at me with concern. I gave her a small smile and looked down at the floor while sitting next to Aaira.

Aaira leaned towards me and whispered in my ears. "Dad has cooked the breakfast for you today."

My eyes widened hearing this unusual info. Dad never enteres into the kitchen simply because he said quote unquote, "it's not my cup of tea."

Sensing my shock Aaira cleared her throat and said,"Not cook technically but helped mom in making it." I bit back a laugh. Meanwhile dad descended down the stairs and I finally looked at him just for few seconds.

Just for a second when we did an eye contact I could see the guilt on his face. I know he'll convince me now or explain me again that I should focus on studies but that I already know.

I know I should've scored well but my mind wasn't on my side and that isn't considered as an excuse. People say that you should work when you are happy, work when you're sad, work when you aren't feeling like doing it but that's not how the cookie crumbles.

It's not gonna work that way because for studying, mind and health should be on our side. How will I study when I can't sleep at nights and be restless all the time.

Nevermind. I'll do it now. I'll bring good grades and show it to him ki mujhse sab kuch ho sakta hai.

[I can do everything]